I thought I would post a brief announcement for anyone interested in attending the Association of Dispensing Opticians of New Zealand's yearly conference. On Friday - Dr. Erning Wihardjo Asia Oceania product Director for Hoya is speaking. Dr Erning is a very well credentialed member of the Hoya team and I wish to give you a brief profile of his achievements. Dr Erning was educated in Indonesia and achieved a Bachelor of Science in Physics in 1974. From 1989-1995 Dr Erning was a senior scientist at Polycore Optical. In 1996 Dr Erning was appointed president of Hoya Indonesia, and from 2000-2003 he was managing Director of Hoya Lens Singapore. During his study in Japan he wrote 4 papers as his original inventions in laser light applications published in the International Scientific journal. During his work for Polycore Optical he accomplished improvements in designing aspheric lenses and published a paper on an accurate method to measure the performance of the ophthalmic lenses.

Also, David Wilson, B.Ec., B.A (hons)., DipEd., FNAO.,MACE, Head Teacher Clinical Technology, OTEN; Adjunct Senior Lecturer, University of New South Wales will be presenting on special needs for aviation, and paediatric dispensing as well.

The conference is on 30 Sept - 2 October, starting Friday at 8 am trhough Sunday ending at 3 pm. It is being held at the Duxton Hotel in Wellington New Zealand. If anyone would like more information - email me or message me here, and I will forward a registration pack.

Cheers
Mary Sue
PS - sorry for the late notice