Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aspartame

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hanlin
    I don't know if any of you have read a book called "Sugar Busters..."

I also recommend reading Sugar Blues by Willian Duffy for an enlightening look on the history and harmful affects of sugar.

The phrase "ignorance is bliss" comes to mind... Seriously, I love sugar- if there is such a thing as sugar addiction, I'm sure I fit the profile (hmmm, I wonder if there is some government program out there to give me money to combat my addiction- and I bet I could make Essilor provide me access to gummy bears at my desk under the "Americans with Disabilities Act")!

In short, while caffeine gives me a headache (and doesn't really seem to "wake me up," although I've never been able to drink coffee, so perhaps I just don't get enough of the stuff), sugar is always good for a pick me up... I mean, you just put a couple gummies in a teaspoon, heat it up to a liquid, and inject it... (um, did I type that out loud)!

Just kidding- I haven't resorted to freebasing sugar yet (but I do hear those gummies calling, see you later)!

If your really serious about kicking the sugar habbit then the book Sugar Busters is the best I have read and I have read a few!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Snitgirl
    why do you give yourselves excuses to eat junk food?

Please educate yourselves on what Splenda really is and how bad it is for you..Just one of many, many aritcles to help you understand that it is BAD, BAD, BAD....

Just my 2 cents <--only because I care about you all

P.S. I am not a health "FREAK", but I definately "THINK" before I eat and don't give myself excuses to eat junk food.

I won't say anything more about this topic..

http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/su...e_dangers.htm#[/QUOTE]

Now I m not a chemist but I thought Aspartame and Splenda were two different products, one (Aspartame ) made from an amino acid where Splenda is a type of sugar that is not absorbed by our body. Now the weird part comes when they are doing laboratory testing and feed the equivalent
    of drinking 100 cans of POP per day to the Rats and then come and say your going to get cancer if you drink this product. If you consumed what they gave to the laboratory speciments then ya you will probable come down with something. But if you consume gross amounts of anything your going to get sick so I don't see the sense in there laboratory experiments. Just my 2cents

PS I just wanted to add that the link you provided is nice but I think the good Doc may have an axe to grind. Note from his web site:
    "The World's Most Popular Natural Health Newsletter -- FREE!"
    He is promoting NATURAL so of course he will be against the so called sugar substitutes.
    Last edited by jediron1; 09-13-2005 at 08:38 PM.

Thread Information