Thread: Give Me Liberty From Rec Specs

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Give Me Liberty From Rec Specs

No matter how hard we try, we just can't seem to deal with those folks at Liberty Sport. We've had so much trouble doing business with them we're about to give up. We swapped out frames at their request to get the newest product but they are soooo slow with issuing credits. They want us to pay for the new frames before the credit for the return has gone through. We will end up with a credit balance that they have already said that they will not refund. It will have to stay on the books. This is not our first time with this situation with them.

Quality seems to have changed. Product arrives "new" with defects and they charge us a "recertification fee" when we send it back. Great policy! We have to fight it out which takes way too much time. We not even going to mention how SLOW they are at getting the product to us.

Anyone out there wth a suggestion for a company to deal with for sport glasses, hopefully that will be less of a hassle and maybe even a pleasure to do business with.
    :hammer:

Bad address email on file Mikef's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Try Hilco

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyed
    No matter how hard we try, we just can't seem to deal with those folks at Liberty Sport. We've had so much trouble doing business with them we're about to give up. We swapped out frames at their request to get the newest product but they are soooo slow with issuing credits. They want us to pay for the new frames before the credit for the return has gone through. We will end up with a credit balance that they have already said that they will not refund. It will have to stay on the books. This is not our first time with this situation with them.

Quality seems to have changed. Product arrives "new" with defects and they charge us a "recertification fee" when we send it back. Great policy! We have to fight it out which takes way too much time. We not even going to mention how SLOW they are at getting the product to us.

Anyone out there wth a suggestion for a company to deal with for sport glasses, hopefully that will be less of a hassle and maybe even a pleasure to do business with.
    :hammer:
    If you would have billed through a buying group you wouldn't have that credit problem. You didn't really pay them and leave a credit balance did you?

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    You explained word for word what happened with us. We told them forget it then. We will just sell out of what we have and then purchase these types of frames elsewhere. They threatened to close our account, not a very effective way of gaining business. We finally just said close it then. Our rep was extremely rude! Don't fall for it! Go elsewhere.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Boy oh boy, I did not have pleasure doing business with this company. I told them the following.

“I am sending back all of your frames from both of our offices. You will credit our account, issue us a check and close the account”

It took them 2 months, but it was done…

They have a black mark in my book. Until they make some huge changes in the service they provide, the will not get a dollar from us.

I haven’t replaced them with anything just yet. Was going to check some of the other companies out at Vision Expo.

P.S. Go straight to the top to get your money back!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I order them directly from our surface lab, this way I only have to deal with the lab. If you have a good working relationship with the lab it should take care of the problems.

OptiBoard Novice
    I use my lab also. it is much easier when you purchase frames threw your wholesale lab they are easier to work with,

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Vendor problems

I once had a problem with a particular frame line ...unnamed to protect the guilty Company screwed up the order 3x. I called the rep and told him I need the frame hand delivered today or he can come in with a large shopping bag. 2 hours later the problem was solved he asked about the bag. I told him the bag was to take back every bloody frame from his line and issue credit for it

Ed

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Arrow Same problem here

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. Your experiences are the exact same as mine. It's hard to believe they remain in business.

Thread Information