Thread: has anyone done biz with imatters placement service?

OptiBoard Apprentice

has anyone done biz with imatters placement service?

I am beginning to pursue a move to Florida from TN. Since I am relocating to be closer to my 78 year-old mother.
    I am considering several options.
    1. I could apply for a FL teaching position in the public schools, have a degree for that.) That seems like a dangerous career sometimes.
    2. I could pursue a transfer with LensCrafters, my employer since 1997.
    3. I could apply with other optical businesses, chains or independents.
    4. Eat chocolate, read books, and never turn on the news again.

I am not familiar with the Florida market for licensed opticians/and/or managers, I would appreciate some guidance. In my market the only chains other than LensCrafters are Walmart, Costco and the Cole Vision brands. Private O.D.s in this area don't need or won't pay for a licensed optician.
    Do MD and OD offices in Florida prefer to have a licensed optician?
    What technical expertise is important to private practices? Lab production? Refracting, fitting contact lenses, etc???
    And lastly, I am very interested in learning more about low vision needs. Would like the opportunity to gain more education in the area of helping patients with low vision needs, machines, etc.
    I came across the imatters post on the POF.org site. Does anyone know of their services, fees?
    I thoroughly realize my FL & TN licenses doesn't automatically qualify me to work for an OD or MD. I have minimal experience with that side of the business. Twenty years ago was the last time I worked for a private O.D.
    Thanks,
    Jessica

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Hi Jessica,

Florida is the optical capital of the world, you will have absolutely no problems finding an optical career down here. In fact i bet you will find a job in less than 24 hours. What area will you be moving too?

On the other hand..........
    We are desperately in need of teachers!!! They project the need of 30,000 new teachers in the next few years. I know a few opticians who actually changed careers to become teachers down here.

If you want an optical job in florida , you dont need a placement service, or a classified section. Just pick up a Yellow pages and make some calls. You will be working the next day.
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

OptiBoard Apprentice

Central Floirda??

Thanks for the encouraging words.
    I am willing to move to an area from the greater Tampa Bay area all the across the central FL area to the Atlantic. That should encompass someplace that needs a licensed optician or school teacher. Miami seems a little too far south to be able to easily visit my Mom in Ellenton, or my grandchild in Deland. It does seem from looking at POF, and other places that Miami has a huge need for licensed opticians.
    You have any recommendations? I can live in a highrise in central city area, or I can live in the country. I am very flexible.
    There are so many lovely areas, The St. Johns River area near Deland is beautiful. For some reason, I also was attracted to Mt. Dora area, but it seems to be a small town, not sure that woudl be best place to work, but definitely a great area to live. I have always been happy wherever I live. Have been a resident of 20 different states, Canada and Newfoundland when growing up.
    Jessica

Vision Equipment OptiBoard Corporate Sponsor Leo Hadley Jr's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    I am in the Tampa Bay area and i could get you a Lic. Optician job Today!!! Let me know when you are coming down and i will get you working quickly. :)
    Leo Hadley Jr
    Vision Equipment
    T: 855.776.2020

www.visionequipmentinc.com

OptiBoard Apprentice

hero status

That is great news.
    you just received hero status. :bbg:
    Thanks,
    Jessica

OptiBoard Novice

Has anyone done biz with Sea80?

I've recently gotten a brochure regarding the placement services of Sea80 in CT . . . anyone done biz with them? Should I bother contacting them for recruiting help?

Master OptiBoarder imatters.net's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

doing business with i matters

just an update from I matters!
    Jessica did relocate to Florida and is doing well, She loves her new job and stays active with us at I matters doing some consulting as well!
    As to the question, does anyone do business with I matters! YES!!
    We are the opticians best friend, each and every day we place great people with great jobs!!
    Since this posting we have expanded into the Central Illinois area, Seattle, Atlanta as well as ALL OF FLORIDA,
    Give us a call or visit the website www.imatters.net 866.412.4115

Occupation
    I've been doing business with Charisse for over 3 years and must say she's a stand up gal:cheers:

Ibrahim

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    The best option for you>>>>>> Get a teaching job FULL TIME for what little teachers make in Florida, but the state benefits are what your really working for as far as retirement, and work at the local lenscrafters in te after hours, and on weekends, you will find that you will need both jobs

Thread Information