Thread: Whats wrong with Democrats

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Whats wrong with Democrats

Now this is not a gross generalization. I am a Republican and I do not hate the Democratic party nor am I going to start trashing them saying "oh this is typical of the Democratic idiots". I am aware that we need more than one party or set of ideas. What I'm wondering is why do so many seem so full of hate? The other day I saw a bunber sticker that said "THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH REPUBLICANS" I can't count the times that I have seen T-shirts, pins and bumber stickers that say some pretty offensive things about Republicans and I have never seen any Republican T-shirts, pins or bumper stickers that trash (I know that they exist but have never seen one) that trash democrats. I know that this does not hold true to all Democrats but these people above just want to scream and yell and tell anyone who will listen how much they hate the Republicans. It seems that they just like the idea of being against the system but don't really want to actually DO something to help America in any way. What is wrong with them?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The problem with the Liberal Party (there is no two party system in this country, just the two extreme ends of the same party) is that their retoric is stright out of a Monty Python skit. All you get is the 5 minute arguement.

As long as you understand that the leadership of the DNC no more cares about you than the leadership of the RNC, you'll understand.
    "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

Occupation
    Thanks. Again I was just curious.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Yes, nothing but taste displayed by Republicans.

Then again, when you control the Presidency, both houses of Congress and (possibly) about to get an even firmer grip on the Supreme Court for a generation, it's hard to get very worked up about what's going wrong.

Occupation
    Yup if you get into politics your hands get dirty no matter what party you are in!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeManFla
    The problem with the Liberal Party (there is no two party system in this country, just the two extreme ends of the same party) is that their retoric is stright out of a Monty Python skit. All you get is the 5 minute arguement.
    That's a very kind and courteous thing to say. See, no Republicans are "full of hate". They don't ridicule liberals, do they? Limbaugh, Liddy, the rest of the hate spewing conservative media have nothing but kind things to say about the democrats.

Funny thing is that I dislike conservatives because they are full of hate.
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet
    That's a very kind and courteous thing to say. See, no Republicans are "full of hate". They don't ridicule liberals, do they? Limbaugh, Liddy, the rest of the hate spewing conservative media have nothing but kind things to say about the democrats.

Funny thing is that I dislike conservatives because they are full of hate.
    Well spex I am a conservative Republican. Do you dislike me based on that?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    The polarization that besets our political system is truly outrageous. Case in point: the current Rove media frenzy. From what I can make out, there is no crime here, smarminess yes, but no crime. (I suspect there is something else we don't know, else why the ongoing investigation? We'll see). Here is what is so annoying: the press and my fellow Democrats are all over this: how nice if this enthusiasm could have been displayed during the run up to the war--regardless of who said what about whose assignment or whose wife, the critical fact remains that the nuclear threat from Saddam was all smoke, no fire. Instead of parsing all of Rove/McCellan (?) and Bush's statements NOW, how about before we rushed to war?? Of course at that time, the equally craven Republicans were calling into question the patriotism of anyone who dared question the party line.

Sad to think people get the government they deserve.:(
    Last edited by chm2023; 07-19-2005 at 01:55 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by OPTIDONN
    Well spex I am a conservative Republican. Do you dislike me based on that?
    I don't know you well enough to like or dislike you.

I was generalizing, as were you. Not all democrats wear republican-bashing clothing or have republican-bashing bumper stickers on their cars.

Having said that:
    Are you full of hate? Do you endorse making the rich richer? Do you want to restrict what a woman does with her body, or who a person can marry, or when a person can die? Do you want to force the world to have the same values that you do? Are you satisfied that most of the key power positions in our government and big business are held by old white men? Do you feel that we should sacrifice the cleanliness of our environment just to make a buck? Do you feel that torture of our enemies is justified but torture of our own military is an outrage? Do you feel that a recovering alcoholic with a criminal record is morally superior to a philanderer? Do you punish those who disagree with you - just because they disagree with you?

These are some of the issues that cause me to be disgusted by right-wingers.

If you watch the "crossfire-type" "news" shows, notice that it's typically the conservative who interupts, gets loud and abusive, and is generally the obnoxious one. Hannity, O'Reilly, Buchanon - they are the same, and I find their behavior distasteful. Can't we disagree courteously, without refering to the others' arguments as "their retoric is stright out of a Monty Python skit"? Right-wingers come across as just not nice people.
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    I do not agree with the ban on gay marriage, I am not to thrilled about abortion. I don't feel that the world should have the same values but if certain countries promote and practice the torture and genocide of their own people I feel that we have an obligation to step in. And yes it's a shame that most of our business and governmental positions are held by rich white people (keep in mind that many are liberal democrats, not all are republicans). As far as the president keep in mind that Clinton was no saint. And yes if we have to torture of our enemies is fine if it can help prevent another 9/11. I couldn't imagine telling thousands of families that the lives of their loved ones could have been saved but beating the crap out of our captive was just wrong so sorry.

I know that there are many good Democrats out there. In fact I do believe that most are and are doing what they feel is best for our country. I do not hate the Democratic party by any means. But its funny I feel that the Democrats are the ones doing all the yelling. I guess honestly it just depends on which saide you are on. One feels that the other is acting more out of line when in fact they both may be acting crazy.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by OPTIDONN
    I know that there are many good Democrats out there. In fact I do believe that most are and are doing what they feel is best for our country. I do not hate the Democratic party by any means. But its funny I feel that the Democrats are the ones doing all the yelling. I guess honestly it just depends on which saide you are on. One feels that the other is acting more out of line when in fact they both may be acting crazy.
    Thank you for being fair.:cheers:
    ...Just ask me...

Thread Information