Thread: GOP: pro-war, anti-veterans

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

GOP: pro-war, anti-veterans

Funds for Health Care of Veterans $1 Billion Short
    2005 Deficit Angers Senate Republicans, Advocacy Groups

The Bush administration, already accused by veterans groups of seeking inadequate funds for health care next year, acknowledged yesterday that it is short $1 billion for covering current needs at the Department of Veterans Affairs this year
    The Bush administration's priorities are "a little bit different now and veterans aren't a priority," Violante said. He described this as "terrible -- I think it's unconscionable."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/23/AR2005062301888.html
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    The Veterans Health Care System is under the same economic pressures as everyone else. An additional factor, that has always plagued the VA is the simple fact that people do not enroll for health care in the same manner as they enroll in Blue Cross, Blue Shield. Enrollment is very much dependent on the level of war fighting that is going on.

Enrollment in the VA health care System was very high from 1940 – 1945 and then dropped dramatically until 1950-1954 when it again skyrocketed. You get my drift. It takes time for government budgeting, infrastructure and staffing to catch up. So, not to worry. While there are occasional lapses in what we would like to see, all is well. This country has always taken care of its veterans. You should also be aware that the individual States and every City and Town have programs to assist the veteran in need. All of these resources work very well.

I have been personally enrolled in the VA Health Care System in New England and Oregon since my transfer to the Fleet Marine Reserves in 1967 and have received a level of care second to none. These people are wonderful.

So, please, do me and all the other vets out there a favor. Don’t politicize the VA. This ain’t a Republican or Democratic thing. Its about all the veterans who freely made whatever sacrifice their government ask of them.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker
    The Veterans Health Care System is under the same economic pressures as everyone else. An additional factor, that has always plagued the VA is the simple fact that people do not enroll for health care in the same manner as they enroll in Blue Cross, Blue Shield. Enrollment is very much dependent on the level of war fighting that is going on.

Enrollment in the VA health care System was very high from 1940 – 1945 and then dropped dramatically until 1950-1954 when it again skyrocketed. You get my drift. It takes time for government budgeting, infrastructure and staffing to catch up. So, not to worry. While there are occasional lapses in what we would like to see, all is well. This country has always taken care of its veterans. You should also be aware that the individual States and every City and Town have programs to assist the veteran in need. All of these resources work very well.

I have been personally enrolled in the VA Health Care System in New England and Oregon since my transfer to the Fleet Marine Reserves in 1967 and have received a level of care second to none. These people are wonderful.

So, please, do me and all the other vets out there a favor. Don’t politicize the VA. This ain’t a Republican or Democratic thing. Its about all the veterans who freely made whatever sacrifice their government ask of them.
    Seems to me Violante is the one politicizing--he the Director of Disabled Vets. Is he not allowed to voice his opinion?

Thread Information