Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mean old broad

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk
    What is not realized is that, far from it being a "freeing, liberating" practice, reduced sexual purity will lead to evil upon evil.
    But what fun we'll have on the way!
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    CMH: You left out that nasty old devil, SEX.
    Chip,
    Are you retiring from watching the submarine races?
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    chm2023
    Rant: can I just tell you how sick to death I am of the saturation coverage of yet another upper middle class, good looking white girl disappearing? Sure this is tragic, but how many kids disappear, or die in car accidents or of dreadful diseases every day? You have to search for information on genocide in Sudan, but you get 24/7 on this one young Alabama woman. Enough.[/QUOTE]

So what's your point? If it was your kid you should would want the attention!
    It's Aruba a vacation spot and from what I have heard mostly for people to go
    and drink, have sex, all for supposedly to have a good time ( if you call having sex with someone other than your mate as fun so-be it)! Just my 2 cents:bbg:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Spexvet
    But what fun we'll have on the way! [/QUOTE]

Ya AIDS will be fun, Syphilis and Gonorrhea will be fun. Ask Al Capone how much fun it was to have Syphilis. Oh I m sorry he died because of Syphilis, Ya LOT FUN! :hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jediron1
    Spexvet
    But what fun we'll have on the way!

Ya AIDS will be fun, Syphilis and Gonorrhea will be fun. Ask Al Capone how much fun it was to have Syphilis. Oh I m sorry he died because of Syphilis, Ya LOT FUN! :hammer:[/QUOTE]

A - ever heard of safe sex?

B - my wife doesn't have those diseases.

C - don't you like sex?
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Spexvet
    Ya AIDS will be fun, Syphilis and Gonorrhea will be fun. Ask Al Capone how much fun it was to have Syphilis. Oh I m sorry he died because of Syphilis, Ya LOT FUN! :hammer:[/QUOTE]

A - ever heard of safe sex?

B - my wife doesn't have those diseases.

C - don't you like sex?[/QUOTE]

1. Yes. But most don't practice it!

2. I m glad you and your wife are monogamous!

3.Yes I do

4. I think you should reread drk's post in number 24. He said it's an evil world with thong underwear and what else, I believe you mistook or misunderstood
    what drk was referring too. Just my 2cents

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    ... He said it's an evil world with thong underwear ...
    He's right - it's very uncomfortable ;)
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    chm2023
    Rant: can I just tell you how sick to death I am of the saturation coverage of yet another upper middle class, good looking white girl disappearing? Sure this is tragic, but how many kids disappear, or die in car accidents or of dreadful diseases every day? You have to search for information on genocide in Sudan, but you get 24/7 on this one young Alabama woman. Enough.
    So what's your point? If it was your kid you should would want the attention!
    It's Aruba a vacation spot and from what I have heard mostly for people to go
    and drink, have sex, all for supposedly to have a good time ( if you call having sex with someone other than your mate as fun so-be it)! Just my 2 cents:bbg:[/QUOTE]

My point is it's over-reported. I don't know that I would want the attention, there's something to be said for privacy.

Opti-Lurker
    Menlo Park, how the h*ll did that happen?
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    It's Aruba a vacation spot and from what I have heard mostly for people to go and drink, have sex, all for supposedly to have a good time ( if you call having sex with someone other than your mate as fun so-be it)! Just my 2 cents:bbg:
    Having been to Aruba more than a couple of times I can certainly tell you that if you're going for the drinking and swinging night life then you've gone to the wrong island. There are a number of other Caribean locations with considerably more drinking, drugging and random sex than Aruba. Aruba really draws families with kids and, to a lesser extent, divers and windsurfers. Aruba has long been known as one of, if not the, safest destinations in the Caribean.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Spexvet
    He's right - it's very uncomfortable ;)[/QUOTE]

Ya if your wearing them over your head!:p

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    coda
    Having been to Aruba more than a couple of times I can certainly tell you that if you're going for the drinking and swinging night life then you've gone to the wrong island. There are a number of other Caribean locations with considerably more drinking, drugging and random sex than Aruba. Aruba really draws families with kids and, to a lesser extent, divers and windsurfers. Aruba has long been known as one of, if not the, safest destinations in the Caribean.[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you went, but I have seen a half dozen posts on different web postings and all said Aruba was a hotbed for drugs and illegal sex traffic.
    In fact in the government report dated 1996 it said:

Illicit drugs: drug money-laundering center and transit point for narcotics bound for the US and Europe; added to the US list of major drug producing or drug transit countries in December 1996

Obtained from:http://www.umsl.edu/services/govdocs/wofact97/16.htm

Opti-Lurker
    Occupation
    coda
    Having been to Aruba more than a couple of times I can certainly tell you that if you're going for the drinking and swinging night life then you've gone to the wrong island. There are a number of other Caribean locations with considerably more drinking, drugging and random sex than Aruba. Aruba really draws families with kids and, to a lesser extent, divers and windsurfers. Aruba has long been known as one of, if not the, safest destinations in the Caribean.
    I don't know where you went, but I have seen a half dozen posts on different web postings and all said Aruba was a hotbed for drugs and illegal sex traffic.
    In fact in the government report dated 1996 it said:

Illicit drugs: drug money-laundering center and transit point for narcotics bound for the US and Europe; added to the US list of major drug producing or drug transit countries in December 1996

Obtained from:http://www.umsl.edu/services/govdocs/wofact97/16.htm
    [/QUOTE]

Jed, check out this year's CIA factsheet for every other caribean nation or protectorate and you'll see the same statement (and Aruba is no longer on the major drug transit list). I stand by my statement that Aruba is considerably quieter than other Caribean nations with less drugs and crime than just about any other Caribean nation or protectorate I've visted.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Jed, check out this year's CIA factsheet for every other caribean nation or protectorate and you'll see the same statement (and Aruba is no longer on the major drug transit list). I stand by my statement that Aruba is considerably quieter than other Caribean nations with less drugs and crime than just about any other Caribean nation or protectorate I've visted.[/QUOTE]

I did check it out:
    Illicit Drugs: Drug-money-laundering center and transit point for narcotics bound for the U.S. and Europe.

At: deploymentlink.osd.mil/deploy/ info/caribbean/aruba

Last updated: June 22, 2004

And at:

This page was last updated on 14 July, 2005 At: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/aa.html

Illicit drugs:

transit point for US- and Europe-bound narcotics with some accompanying money-laundering activity

From CIA. GOV. CIA Publications Factbook they still consider it a transit point for drugs bound for the US. Notice the update, the first was done on June 22, 2004, the second was done on July 15, 2005 just 12 days ago, so I stand by what I said.:bbg:
    Last edited by jediron1; 07-27-2005 at 10:01 AM.

Opti-Lurker
    Occupation
    Jed, check out this year's CIA factsheet for every other caribean nation or protectorate and you'll see the same statement (and Aruba is no longer on the major drug transit list). I stand by my statement that Aruba is considerably quieter than other Caribean nations with less drugs and crime than just about any other Caribean nation or protectorate I've visted.

I did check it out:
    Illicit Drugs: Drug-money-laundering center and transit point for narcotics bound for the U.S. and Europe.

At: deploymentlink.osd.mil/deploy/ info/caribbean/aruba

Last updated: June 22, 2004

And at:

This page was last updated on 14 July, 2005 At: http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/aa.html

Illicit drugs:

transit point for US- and Europe-bound narcotics with some accompanying money-laundering activity

From CIA. GOV. CIA Publications Factbook they still consider it a transit point for drugs bound for the US. Notice the update, the first was done on June 22, 2004, the second was done on July 15, 2005 just 12 days ago, so I stand by what I said.:bbg:
    [/QUOTE]

Did you bother to read my post all the way through? As I said, check out the fact sheet for EVERY OTHER CARIBEAN NATION and you'll see the same thing. In fact you'll note that many others include more dire wording. I didn't say that the wording wasn't there for Aruba but that it is no greater and often lesser in seriousness than for other similar nations. You certainly can stand by what you said regarding Aruba being a place to visit for drinking, drugs and loose sexual practices but, seeing as you have no first hand experience, I'll continue to ignore it as likely based on hyperbole and media hype.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There are several places for drugs, sex, alcohol, whatever...

Some are foreign, like Amsterdam, Aruba, Mexico, and there are the hundreds of places here in the US. Florida, Texas, Lousianna, all are states known for parties. Heck here in the Midwest we have a huge problem with Meth, teenage pregnancies, sex clubs, and I have 5 pedophiles that are registered within a 5 mile radius. One of which lives right by the fricken park in our subdivision.

There will be this sort of activity pretty much anywhere you go, because their will be deviants no matter where you go. Overall though, Aruba had a lower crime rate compared to most major metropolitan areas in the US.

What it means is that we need to be responsible for our own actions, and teach our children of any age the same. Why she was left in a strange place, with virtual strangers by her friends and chaperones? Why did she allow herself to be placed in such a situation? The whole stranger danger thing doesn't end when you're 17. The same common sense applies to adults.

Cassandra

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Coda:
    Did you bother to read my post all the way through? As I said, check out the fact sheet for EVERY OTHER CARIBEAN NATION and you'll see the same thing. In fact you'll note that many others include more dire wording. I didn't say that the wording wasn't there for Aruba but that it is no greater and often lesser in seriousness than for other similar nations. You certainly can stand by what you said regarding Aruba being a place to visit for drinking, drugs and loose sexual practices but, seeing as you have no first hand experience, I'll continue to ignore it as likely based on hyperbole and media hype.[/QUOTE]

1. Yes I did read your post through.:bbg:

2. An yes I checked YOUR reference to a CIA factsheet which now you dispute!

3. I have been to St.John's and St.Thomas, so I do have first hand knowledge of the Carribean area!
    Last edited by jediron1; 07-28-2005 at 06:50 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee
    There are several places for drugs, sex, alcohol, whatever...

Some are foreign, like Amsterdam, Aruba, Mexico, and there are the hundreds of places here in the US. Florida, Texas, Lousianna, all are states known for parties. Heck here in the Midwest we have a huge problem with Meth, teenage pregnancies, sex clubs, and I have 5 pedophiles that are registered within a 5 mile radius. One of which lives right by the fricken park in our subdivision.

There will be this sort of activity pretty much anywhere you go, because their will be deviants no matter where you go. Overall though, Aruba had a lower crime rate compared to most major metropolitan areas in the US.

What it means is that we need to be responsible for our own actions, and teach our children of any age the same. Why she was left in a strange place, with virtual strangers by her friends and chaperones? Why did she allow herself to be placed in such a situation? The whole stranger danger thing doesn't end when you're 17. The same common sense applies to adults.

Cassandra

1. We are not talking about the US or the MidWest, we are talking about the Carribean, where life is worth living, supposedly!

2.I m sorry about the Peds who live within 5 miles, but if there was surgery
    on those Peds you might not be so worried! (CASTRATION is one surgery that comes to mind).

3.You can't compare Aruba, Population app. 71,000 and size about 20 miles long and 6 miles wide to a US metro area. US metro area's are much more condensed, there by breeding more crimes per area.

4. Why was she left along? But as you and I know if a teen wants to get out
    and drink or what ever they will find ways, we all did it, some still remember the back seats of cars that were used not for just sitting if you get my drift.
    Point being kids will find ways to get out and sneak around, and I m not saying this is what this girl did! I m just saying we have been there and done that!

Opti-Lurker
    Occupation
    1. Yes I did read your post through.:bbg:

2. An yes I checked YOUR reference to a CIA factsheet which now you dispute!

3. I have been to St.John's and St.Thomas, so I do have first hand knowledge of the Carribean area!
    Where did I dispute the CIA fact sheet? I simply pointed you towards a more current version and in fact restated the meat of the 'drug transit' statement in the current fact sheet. Further I suggested you check the same reference for similar wording on other similar nations/protectorates.

In my experience St. Thomas had what I believe you would consider considerably looser morals than Aruba.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    CHM, the answer to your original question is this:

When you watch CSI, or Law and Order, or any slasher film, who is the corpse? A beautiful, scantily-clad young blonde. Coincidence?

The horrible point: illicit sex and death are strangely linked at a deep, evil level. It is fascinating to the sickened public, and the media are very willing accomplices.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    chm2023
    Rant: can I just tell you how sick to death I am of the saturation coverage of yet another upper middle class, good looking white girl disappearing? Sure this is tragic, but how many kids disappear, or die in car accidents or of dreadful diseases every day? You have to search for information on genocide in Sudan, but you get 24/7 on this one young Alabama woman. Enough.[/QUOTE]

What about the African American girl in Washington, nobodies saying anything!

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Some people see discrimination in everything. The Population and the TV audience is still about 80% white the money spent out of wage earnings is till majority white, therefore there is more interest in white affairs.You don't have to like this or even vote this way, but it is what it is.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    chip anderson
    Some people see discrimination in everything. The Population and the TV audience is still about 80% white the money spent out of wage earnings is till majority white, therefore there is more interest in white affairs.You don't have to like this or even vote this way, but it is what it is.[/QUOTE]

Ya I hate to admit it Chip but your right. It is white on white!:shiner:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    drk
    CHM, the answer to your original question is this:

When you watch CSI, or Law and Order, or any slasher film, who is the corpse? A beautiful, scantily-clad young blonde. Coincidence?

The horrible point: illicit sex and death are strangely linked at a deep, evil level. It is fascinating to the sickened public, and the media are very willing accomplices.[/QUOTE]

But how's that find the girl in Aruba? They have searched it seems every nook and cranny and still can't find a body. I think they used her as shark bait. If that be the case they will never find her. Whats this I hear of Columbian drug lords stealing women for sex is this true?:hammer:

OptiBoard Apprentice
    I think we also need to take into account that the public doesn't really know anything about her family. As someone else here posted, there was something off with her mother. So maybe this is something as simple as, the girl and a boyfriend decided to get away from their families and elope. You'll recall that idiot 'runaway bride' recently. I know that's probably not the case, but it's something to consider.

And I also wonder if any attention is being spent investigating the chaperones and other kids. I mean, what a perfect crime: one of the other kids along on the trip thinks, "Man, I'd like to get in her pants... I can rape and kill her, and they'll blame the whole thing on the locals! Perfect!"

But then, I'm just a cynical SOB. :)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    DiamondJim
    I think we also need to take into account that the public doesn't really know anything about her family. As someone else here posted, there was something off with her mother. So maybe this is something as simple as, the girl and a boyfriend decided to get away from their families and elope. You'll recall that idiot 'runaway bride' recently. I know that's probably not the case, but it's something to consider.

And I also wonder if any attention is being spent investigating the chaperones and other kids. I mean, what a perfect crime: one of the other kids along on the trip thinks, "Man, I'd like to get in her pants... I can rape and kill her, and they'll blame the whole thing on the locals! Perfect!"

But then, I'm just a cynical SOB. :)[/QUOTE]

What kind of gibberish is this? " I want to get into her pants so I kill her" what kind of sick saddist are you? But then again you did say you are a "cynical SOB" I would agree you are a cynical SOB. So lets get the record straight,
    " I want to get into her pants... I can rape and kill her, and blame the locals"
    Now there we have one sicko on our hands in DiamondJim! :drop:

Thread Information