Thread: The Moment I Realised I was Now A Presbyope

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

The Moment I Realised I was Now A Presbyope

This thread is for the more mature among us.
    I was thinking back when i was younger, and thought that reading glasses were for other people and somehow i would,nt need them.

The moment of truth came for me when i found myself asking my assistant to read the eye size and DBL on the frames , I remember saying to her how they must be using smaller numbers: she just laughed and handed me a pair of +1.00
    readers.... which i have to say did the job nicely.:)
    To find out what,s happening in the UK optical market:
    http://theOptom.com

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    just a note, some manuf are using smaller numbers on the bridge since they are adding extra stuff (print) these days.

Occupation
    Ikon44 -

As our previous president would have said "I feel your pain" :p

A couple of years ago, I was in the breakroom trying to read the directions on a frozen meal box ... could not see the directions ... thought the manufacturer's packaging was "smeared" in the printing process ... in disgust, my arm came down a bit and WOW !!! I could SEE !!

After months of not being able to determine a phillips or flathead screw ... I finally went to the dr and yes, I needed a +1.00 (the horror) !!

Life is great now .... :cheers:

Karen

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In this profession you should have realized that you need bifocals at 40 and start admitting it at 42. However now you have a chance to turn this into an opportunity.
    Make your self a pair of your most wonderfull progressives with whatever add-ons you push. Then you can tell you patients "My super-wonderfull no-line mega-coated lenses work as sunglasses outside, eliminate the need for having to take my glasses on an off all day, etc."

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Imagine.

Being able to see your world as well as yo:D u did when you were younger, without the help of glasses or contact lenses. Being seen the way you want people to see you. Youthful. Energetic. Vibrant.

Being able to see the way you want to see. Near, far and all distances in between. Seamlessly. Effortlessly. Naturally. Never missing a child’s smile, the sparkle of a diamond, a cloud that looks like a face, an important plot twist in a mystery novel. Imagine a way to do it. Through your own eyes. Imagine all the possibilities. Imagine Crystalens™.

What is Crystalens?

Crystalens, a single-focus lens that works naturally with your eyes’ muscles to give you the quality of vision you enjoyed when you were younger.

Crystalens™ Intraocular Lens Replacement
    The revolutionary design elements that make Crystalens the state-of-the-art replacement lens are “hinges.” These “hinges” are designed to allow the lens to move, or “accommodate” to focus on objects near, far and all distances in between seamlessly.

Unlike old-style fixed focal lenses, which didn’t move, Crystalens has the ability to move, thus focusing as your eye’s natural lens does.

:D

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    In this profession you should have realized that you need bifocals at 40 and start admitting it at 42. However now you have a chance to turn this into an opportunity.
    Make your self a pair of your most wonderfull progressives with whatever add-ons you push. Then you can tell you patients "My super-wonderfull no-line mega-coated lenses work as sunglasses outside, eliminate the need for having to take my glasses on an off all day, etc."

Chip
    you are correct chip, i guess vanity and stuborness got the better of me, being
    a myope i did not need readers till a bit older than 44,i also wear contacts, and
    as this is my primary business i still do, however i use degressive readers in practice, and i think that does make it easier for me to explain the benefits of them to suitable patients.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by LENNY
    Imagine.

Being able to see your world as well as yo:D u did when you were younger, without the help of glasses or contact lenses. Being seen the way you want people to see you. Youthful. Energetic. Vibrant.

Being able to see the way you want to see. Near, far and all distances in between. Seamlessly. Effortlessly. Naturally. Never missing a child’s smile, the sparkle of a diamond, a cloud that looks like a face, an important plot twist in a mystery novel. Imagine a way to do it. Through your own eyes. Imagine all the possibilities. Imagine Crystalens™.

What is Crystalens?

Crystalens, a single-focus lens that works naturally with your eyes’ muscles to give you the quality of vision you enjoyed when you were younger.

Crystalens™ Intraocular Lens Replacement
    The revolutionary design elements that make Crystalens the state-of-the-art replacement lens are “hinges.” These “hinges” are designed to allow the lens to move, or “accommodate” to focus on objects near, far and all distances in between seamlessly.

Unlike old-style fixed focal lenses, which didn’t move, Crystalens has the ability to move, thus focusing as your eye’s natural lens does.

:D
    yeah, and i believe in santa claus as well:D

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I did see the patients with this type of IOLs!

Most of them are verry happy.

Some of them need an ocasional +1.00 readers!

Occupation
    Lenny,surgery to avoid wearing readers is way to radical for me.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I knew at 41, and was actually looking forward to it. When I would read (still OK) and then look into the distance, everything was blurry for a few seconds. Like when we were young - swing on a swing for a long time, and when you get off, it's hard to open your hands because you've been squeezing the rope/chain for so long. :cheers:
    ...Just ask me...

Thread Information