Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ed_Optician's Challenge...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Is Snitgirl declared the winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Snitgirl View Post
    I see there is BC College of Optics which has a six month program (cost over $7k)
    Snitgirl... congrats on passing our BC College of Optics six (6)-month Dispensing & Contact Lens Fitting program... then the NCLE exam... and then the Canadian National licensing exams in both Ophthalmic Dispensing and Contact Lens Fitting.

So why are you not proclaimed the winner of this particular thread? Especially as you have a good start on your own 'Wall of Certificates'
    and why aren't you WHOO WHoo whoooooING IT UP?:cheers:

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

:d

Quote Originally Posted by tmorse View Post
    Snitgirl... congrats on passing our BC College of Optics six (6)-month Dispensing & Contact Lens Fitting program... then the NCLE exam... and then the Canadian National licensing exams in both Ophthalmic Dispensing and Contact Lens Fitting.

So why are you not proclaimed the winner of this particular thread? Especially as you have a good start on your own 'Wall of Certificates'
    and why aren't you WHOO WHoo whoooooING IT UP?:cheers:
    Awe, thanks Ted for the congrats! It’s been a busy 10 months with immigrating, school, optical certifications and pregnancy. It’s amazing what one can do when you put forth the effort.

I am WHOO WHoo whoooooING IT UP, just quietly. You'll hear it louder when I reach for the top and have the title "Master" Optician & CLSA "Fellow" such as yourself and a few others on this board. Till then, looks like Canadian Site Testing and ABO/NCLE Advance certifications are next in line. Well, if time allows once the baby is born.;)

Thanks for the encouragement while I was attending your school! Hope you enjoyed the Tootsie Rolls!!

Michelle

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Congrats Michelle! See, there was nothing to worry about!

OptiBoard Professional William Walker's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Another Update!

I was graduated with an AAS in Optical Management in Dec '06, and just received my diploma. I'm now rushing towards the next thing to be hung on the wall (whichever it may be), because I hate asymmetry.

Here's the pic:
    William Walker

Associates in Science in Opticianry
    Associates in Science in Optical Business Management
    Licensed Dispensing Optician
    Board Certified
    Certified Paraoptometric Assistant
    American Board of Opticianry Advanced Certified
    National Contact Lens Examiners Certified

Next Goal: ABOM

Optician with Lenscrafters in Jacksonville, FL

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I started working on my Phd. in Nursing last fall. I don't know when I'll get done, I need to take some time off to teach and do research.

Bad address email on file peadee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

:cheers: :cheers: Hope this counts I just passed the ncle. Was very pleased.

OptiBoard Professional sharon m./ aboc's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Self Improvement

Congratulations to All !!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
    sharon

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    I've had my ABO for over six years, I am scheduled to take the NCLE in May, I am graduating from an Ophthalmic Medical Technican program in 4 months, and then I plan on taking my COT exam. Wish me luck! ;)

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrock View Post
    I've had my ABO for over six years, I am scheduled to take the NCLE in May, I am graduating from an Ophthalmic Medical Technican program in 4 months, and then I plan on taking my COT exam. Wish me luck! ;)
    nickrock,

I wish you the best of luck

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Good luck nick, that test is supposed to be a hard one and I have heard that the practical is done by computer now and that it is a bit tricky. If you are looking for resources go to www.eyeontechs.com the admin John Randazzo is a friend and sits on the membership comittee for the ATPO (Association of Technical Personnel in Ophthalmology) and he is also a volunteer instructor for the JCAHPO, if you contact him he should be able to give you some advice as well as resources to study for the test.
    1st* HTML5 Tracer Software
    1st Mac Compatible Tracer Software
    1st Linux Compatible Tracer Software

*Dave at OptiVision has a web based tracer integration package that's awesome.

Occupation
    Just took the NCLE-Advanced, and I think I aced it. Gotta wait 8 weeks till I find out . Next stop ABOM, then FCLSA.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Harry,
    Congrats! I'm sure you did great. I took my NCLE today and I think I studied too much, if that's possible. What did you use to study for the advance? Are you going to take your COT soon?
    I think it is odd that every other professional certifying agency EXCEPT the ABO/NCLE uses electronic testing methods that gives you your results immediately. hmmmm

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrock View Post
    Harry,
    Congrats! I'm sure you did great. I took my NCLE today and I think I studied too much, if that's possible. What did you use to study for the advance? Are you going to take your COT soon?
    I think it is odd that every other professional certifying agency EXCEPT the ABO/NCLE uses electronic testing methods that gives you your results immediately. hmmmm
    I just took the ABO-AC today and thought the same thing!! The sheets are scantron and can be graded in a matter of seconds, why does it take so long for the results! I wish they would use the computerized system!

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrock
    Harry,
    I used the CLSA Advanced Manual, the first volume was great and the second is even better, pretty much the only book I used and the information was golden. I want to take the COT, but no longer work for an ophthalmologist so it is difficult to get in the required hours, I have asked around to local OMD's to see if they would mind me working in their offices 1-2 days a week just to meet this requirement (no bites yet). Have you taken yours yet? Let me know how it turns out.

Thread Information