Thread: I'm New in this forum

Bad address email on file Lawrence Yau's Avatar

I'm New in this forum

Hello Everybody.
    I'm new in this forum. My name is Lawrence yau, a business man from Hong Kong. I'm specialized in making optical frame and sunglasses. I hope I can share my knowledge with each other. In the future, if everyone have problem about frame and lens, I will try to share my knowledge with all of you.

:)

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Hello Lawrence and welcome,

Are you showing at Mido next month?

Best wishes, Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Noble
    Hello Lawrence and welcome,

Are you showing at Mido next month?

Best wishes, Clive
    No. I will have a show in Hong Kong Optical Fair on 11/2-11/04. I'm now thinking to take part in Vision Expo west on September. I have discussed with my partner first.

Nice to meet you Clive. :)

Bad address email on file

Top Sky

Lawrence,

I'd like to design and market my own line of frames. Can you produce them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Carruthers
    Lawrence,

I'd like to design and market my own line of frames. Can you produce them?
    Nice to meet you Jason. I have sent you a private message about your enquiry.:)

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Welcome..............

Quote Originally Posted by TOPSKYINT
    I'm specialized in making optical frame and sunglasses. I hope I can share my knowledge with each other.
    Welcome Lawrence,
    I hope you know how to make good frames so you can help me with some good arguments when the discussion on the Optibiard gets hot on an issue of Far Eastern frames.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser
    Welcome Lawrence,
    I hope you know how to make good frames so you can help me with some good arguments when the discussion on the Optibiard gets hot on an issue of Far Eastern frames.
    For some reason we tend to associate China with cheap. Sure it is cheaper labour, but nowadays it is not cheaper technology, design or parts.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation

Redhot Jumper Just about everything comes from there............

Quote Originally Posted by For-Life
    For some reason we tend to associate China with cheap. Sure it is cheaper labour, but nowadays it is not cheaper technology, design or parts.

You said it For-Life, but if you back into the archives or not even that far, the opticians are talking of which frame they like best and always named Luxottica and Safilo and some other brands which are now made in the Far East to probably 98% and they dont know it or dont believe it. (Most probably "Rep" will convict me again to 40 years in hell for saying that)

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser
    You said it For-Life, but if you back into the archives or not even that far, the opticians are talking of which frame they like best and always named Luxottica and Safilo and some other brands which are now made in the Far East to probably 98% and they dont know it or dont believe it. (Most probably "Rep" will convict me again to 40 years in hell for saying that)
    It is funny, because frames have gotten much better quality over the last three years especially the inexpensive ones. Yet they are all made in China. If you want to complain about the loss of American and Canadian jobs then you do not have a strong point, because most manufacturers were never in Canada or the US. If you want to argue about labour treatment of the Chinese or other third world nations then you might have a case. If you want to argue about quality then you have no argument. The same materials and manufacturering techniques that are used in Italy can be used in China.

Quote Originally Posted by For-Life
    It is funny, because frames have gotten much better quality over the last three years especially the inexpensive ones. Yet they are all made in China. If you want to complain about the loss of American and Canadian jobs then you do not have a strong point, because most manufacturers were never in Canada or the US. If you want to argue about labour treatment of the Chinese or other third world nations then you might have a case. If you want to argue about quality then you have no argument. The same materials and manufacturering techniques that are used in Italy can be used in China.
    Most of frame are made in China and including some italy-brand eye wear. Even "made in Italy" printed on the product, actually some parts of glasses is made in china.;) I forsee (my own opinion) most of main factories in Italy or somewhere else will move the production line to China to minimize the cost.
    I can tell you there are number of thousand factories in CHina. Factories are located in Wenzhou, shenzhen, dongguan and other South east coast of china. A number of factories in Wenzhou can offer a cheap price. It's about 15-20%lower. But the quality is no guaranttee. Manufacturering techniques(except those glasses with MP3 attached :bbg: ) in china is mature. Most of Famous brand name product are also made in China. For example, Safilo or Burberry and so on.. I started a business with my partner because we trust our technique and design. We want to attain our goal. Even it's a high competition in the industry, I trust we can be a nice supplier and expand our company in several years.

Someone will argue that China made the unemployment in USA and other country. I would like to point out that every business man alway seek a low production cost. China wont reject the business man invest in China. It's their choice. May be in 30-40 years, Africa will be a new large production area and Unemployment will happen in China!!

Occupation
    *It will be India after China. But it will always be cheaper production in other countries.

Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    TOPSKYINT,

Where is your factory?? Near Dong Guann or Lung Kang??

Which plating facility do you associate with?? Do you have casting equipment in your facility?? Are you able to read my drawing if I email to you in DXF file from my CAD software??

eyetailorjerry@yahoo.com

Thanks

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY HUANG
    TOPSKYINT,

Where is your factory?? Near Dong Guann or Lung Kang??

Which plating facility do you associate with?? Do you have casting equipment in your facility?? Are you able to read my drawing if I email to you in DXF file from my CAD software??

eyetailorjerry@yahoo.com

Thanks

Jerry
    Dear Jerry,
    Thank you for your enquiry. I have just sent you an email.
    Have a nice day.
    Thank you

Best regards,
    Lawrence Yau

Manufacturering techniques(except those glasses with MP3 attached :bbg: ) in china is mature.
    I told you Thump was no good !!

I told you Thump was no good !!
    I cant catch your meaning. ..which part you mean??

I cant catch your meaning. ..which part you mean??
    I'm talking about the Oakley Thump, sunglass/mp3 player.

I'm talking about the Oakley Thump, sunglass/mp3 player.
    OIC. I see this in internet. I just wonder how come and which factories can attached the mp3 to sunglasses. I also wonder is it valuable to make this design. It's not popular in HK. I 'm not sure whether it's popular in other country. Up to now, I cant see this type of sunglasses in HONG KONG. May be I can find if I visit all the shop in HK.

I don't think you will see it anytime soon. Although some in this forum think it is the best thing since sliced bread.

OptiBoard Novice
    Welcome Lawrence! I'm new here also.

Master OptiBoarder
    Back in NYC.....Shenzhen, China and Hong Kong
    Occupation
    Safilo definitely is manufacturing in China, contracting to a large factory here. Many European brands are also doing this despite their product being stamped Made in Italy or Made in Japan. As I mentioned before, I have seen CD, Burberry and Gucci stamped Made in Japan while brousing opticals in Guangdong Province. Safilo China "confirmed" they were made in Japan to my friend. Seems like the 3 O's are the ones paying for this deception. Safilo, Lux and the other companies are producing these products for conceivably 5% of their list wholesale price. :angry:

Welcome again Lawrence. As mentioned before, I am in Shenzhen. Often I travel to Longang and Bao'an visiting my friends eyewear factories. If you are in Shenzhen, drop me a message and we can meet for coffee.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by DocInChina
    Safilo definitely is manufacturing in China, contracting to a large factory here. Many European brands are also doing this despite their product being stamped Made in Italy or Made in Japan. As I mentioned before, I have seen CD, Burberry and Gucci stamped Made in Japan while brousing opticals in Guangdong Province. Safilo China "confirmed" they were made in Japan to my friend. Seems like the 3 O's are the ones paying for this deception. Safilo, Lux and the other companies are producing these products for conceivably 5% of their list wholesale price. :angry:

Welcome again Lawrence. As mentioned before, I am in Shenzhen. Often I travel to Longang and Bao'an visiting my friends eyewear factories. If you are in Shenzhen, drop me a message and we can meet for coffee.

Doc
    Nice to meet you Doc.
    Are you an owner of factory ? Because their brand, they can set the wholesale price higher than average. I think I know the big factory you mentioned. I have listened some story about the Owner of the big factory.
    You know, he started his business in HK around 1986-87 with a small workshop in hk. Most of Italy's brand glasses emphasize "made in italy" But in fact, most of them produced in china and then shipped to italy and then to other countries. ;)

Thread Information