Thread: Deep Hard coat detail procedure on cr39

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Confused Deep Hard coat detail procedure on cr39

Dear All,

Does any body know detail deep hard coat procedure on cr 39.

information which contents detail procedure and parameterc required for that.

you can suggest any site or any book also.
    NIXG

Occupation
    I have never heard of a "deep hard coat" for cr-39. If some one hear is not sure (which I doubt people here have years of expertise in the field) you can ask the fine people @ PPG Industries they should be able to tell you. And if they give you an answer I would love to hear it.:cheers:

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Deep Hard coat ? .......................

Quote Originally Posted by nixg
    Does any body know detail deep hard coat procedure on cr 39.

information which contents detail procedure and parameterc required for that.

you can suggest any site or any book also.
    NIXG
    I have been in the hard coat business for over 20 years, but this a new term :deep hard coat". You should explain a little more in detail of what you mean. You can see quite a few pages on hard coats at http://optochemicals.com

Occupation
    it is regarding scratch proof coating on cr 39 ophthalmic lens. i do belive that there are spin coating and deep hard coat. In spin coating it is to sprinkled on lens than it is to be cured in uv. In deep hard coat lens is to be dipped in hard coat lacquer in very clean room and in specific temp and humidity. and then to be cure d in oven.

Hope it must be cleared to you. Please give detail information which you hav

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Find coating links........................

Quote Originally Posted by nixg
    it is regarding scratch proof coating on cr 39 ophthalmic lens. i do belive that there are spin coating and deep hard coat. In spin coating it is to sprinkled on lens than it is to be cured in uv. In deep hard coat lens is to be dipped in hard coat lacquer in very clean room and in specific temp and humidity. and then to be cure d in oven
    I am now understanding your question. There are 3 ways of doing scratch resistant treatments on CR39 lenses (not the same on Polycarbonate)

1) Dip coating, will coat both sides of lens. Usually a polysiloxane coating whith a thermocure system. Also used for stock lenses by manufacturers.

2) Spin coating usually for backside coating only. UV cure system. There is only one machine on the market that is manual and lets you do front and backside.

3) Slick coats that provide slippery surfaces which let objects slide off instead of scratching rhem.

All of these systems have their positive and negative sides. You can get all the information on the web by looking up a few websites:

You will find a lot of general information about coatings on my website at http://optochemicals.com

Then I would suggest that you go on the websites of Gerber-Coburn and Ultra Otpics which are coating machine manufacturers. You can find their website addresses on the listing of optical wenbsites, also on my website at: http://www.optochemicals.com/web_ratings.htm

Hope that will give you a start to find everything you are looking for.

Thread Information