Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing new edger, any recommendations

:idea:
    I am in the market for a new edger and am looking at a GerberCoburn Kappa SPX and the Santinelli drilling machine. If you know anything about either of these models I would appreciate your review, expecially about their service.

I used them

GerberCoburn Kappa SPX is a great machine. Keep it clean, dirt will kill it Poly slug is the worst. The service depends on what part of the country are in. Getting parts is costly but seldom needed.
    JimMiller ABOC

Comment

Is SPX the one with nex blocker that can change just the B measurement and leave A the same?

Does it work?

Comment

i use a topcon and i love it

Comment

Can Topcon change individualy just one of the measurements?

Comment

how doyou mean? which measurements?

Comment

Let say you have a rimless frame with A=50 and B=35mm.
              The patient wants a "biggger lens" (it does not fitt his melon head) but he wants it to stay with the same vertical B measurement.
              So we need to cut out A=53mm and B to stay at 35mm........

Comment

No, I don't think that can be done. It's more like trace the lens and add 1 or 2 mm to the overall size.

Comment

Too bad!

I like this feature!!!!!!!!!!

This could make me buy a new one instead of my old Santinelli

Comment

Thumbs,

Is the edger for an in office environment or optical lab? How many jobs per day? What materials? Want patternless? My own personal opinion is that the cost of edgers these days is way too high. In my last lab, I had 5 Weco 2440's running Elision Technology Retro's(which make them patternless for those who don't know) and one ET300 dual eye tracer. Ran at least 450 jobs per day with those machines for years and they are still running today. Best thing was that if something broke down, I could have the edgers back to pattern cut in about 5 minutes. To me they are the industry's best kept secret. Those who have them will know what I am talking about. Now the best part, the price. I think and don't quote me, You can get an edger, tracer and retro unit for about $13,000. I am not a salesman for them so I do not keep up on the pricing. If you have any questions, give me a call. I'll give you the details. 1-866-779-5770

Jim
                    Help Optiboard $5.00 a month through Paypal

Comment

Originally posted by LENNY
                      Can Topcon change individualy just one of the measurements?
                      The Optronics 4T tracer gives you the option to change the A, B, DBL and C measurements. These features do work.
                      The Optronics 6E edger and 4T tracer are the best edger and tracer.
                      Joseph Felker
                      AllentownOptical.com

Comment

Originally posted by LENNY
                        Is SPX the one with nex blocker that can change just the B measurement and leave A the same?

Does it work?
                        You can do that sort of thing with Innovations and any edger with which it communicates.

Comment

even though it may seem ancient, i still love my santinelli edger :)

Comment

Drilling

Originally posted by Thumbs
                            Santinelli drilling machine.
                            Thumbs,

How many drill jobs (no VSP) are you doing in the course of a week?

I wouldn't buy an edger that drills unless I was at a volume of at least 5-7 drills a week that I am already farming out to a lab.
                            sigpic"Just keep digging son, and soon we can buy frames direct"

Comment

Shanbaum said: You can do that sort of thing with Innovations and any edger with which it communicates.

They tried to do it on VEE in but it only changed A and B measurements together! But not separately.
                              I understand that Essilor France came out with new software/ Blocker that can do it!
                              Does it work is another queston?????

Comment

Working...
                              X