Thread: Wanted NCLE Study material / suggestions

OptiBoard Novice

Wanted NCLE Study material / suggestions

I want to take the NCLE and need study material's. have you any collecting dust and want $ instead let me know. Also if anyone can suggest any books or programs that they found helpfull in passing PLEASE let me know.
    Thanks, Clint

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

ncle material

It is just best to bite the bullet and pay the money for the books at NAO. They have one (Iforget the name) the contact lens book or something I forget the name, its about $85.00 and the Residents contact lens book thats about $101. They are pricey but they are a great investment, you will definatley be referring to them alot.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wink NAO has great resources

The National Academy of Opticianry has great resources for both ABO and NCLE. Their website is www.nao.org or you may contact them at 800-229-4828. I would suggest joining them as you get better prices for all of their study materials. What they do is education...no politics.

The Contact Lens Manual: A Comprehensive Study and Reference Guide is the beginning to great study. The companion to that would be the Test Review for Contact Lens Technicians. Both of these are available through NAO or you can get them from the Contact Lens Society of America (CLSA). Another great small quick study is the CLAO Pocket Guide to Contact Lens Fitting, which is available through NAO or through CLAO.

CLAS also has a study module that you may want to check into. Contact CLSA at clsa@patriot.net. Go to their website at www.clsa.info.

If you get an opportunity to attend a review course, that would also be helpful. I just did one at SECO in Atlanta, but I'm sure there are others around the country. You may contact CLSA as well about that.

Hope some of this information is helpful.

Diane:o
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    hello, i'm planning to take the NCLE exam on next May and really need some good study materials!! I already have the CONTACT LENS MANUAL VOL.1 & TEST REVIEW FOR CONTACT LENS TECHNICIANS which i ordered from NAO. But it seems too long that the other book that i've (CONTACT LENS MANUAL -- which is a small green colored textbk). I dont know which is the best one? pls..reply.. ANYONE.. I'M REALLY CONFUSED

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hey there, if anyone else has extras I'd like to get my hands on some study materials too. Will pay!! $$$$$ Thanks!

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
    I want to take the NCLE and need study material's. have you any collecting dust and want $ instead let me know. Also if anyone can suggest any books or programs that they found helpfull in passing PLEASE let me know.
    Thanks, Clint
    Hi Clinton,

Welcome to Optiboard. The 2 books that I purchased from www.nao.org were Contact Lens Society of America books

1) Contact Lens Manual ~ A Comprehensive Study and Reference Guide Volume 1

2) Test Review For Contact Lens Technician

Both of these books came in very handy when taking the basic NCLE examination.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

Quote Originally Posted by maryJacob View Post
    hello, i'm planning to take the NCLE exam on next May and really need some good study materials!! I already have the CONTACT LENS MANUAL VOL.1 & TEST REVIEW FOR CONTACT LENS TECHNICIANS which i ordered from NAO. But it seems too long that the other book that i've (CONTACT LENS MANUAL -- which is a small green colored textbk). I dont know which is the best one? pls..reply.. ANYONE.. I'M REALLY CONFUSED
    welcome to Optiboard maryJacob

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Wave

Quote Originally Posted by Craig22 View Post
    Hey there, if anyone else has extras I'd like to get my hands on some study materials too. Will pay!! $$$$$ Thanks!
    Also,:cheers: welcome to Optiboard Craig 22

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

online NCLE course

www.quantumoptical.com has online NCLE review course with questions.

Diane
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Ncle

for me -

we have always tought our associates - with the nao - study material - along with the cds-

i can only say - it is very clear - and to the point - to ensure passage of the ncle

now i am not saying this is the only material needed to be proficiant in your job as a fitter - ( far from it ) - however providing the info needed to pass the exam - i think it is perfect -

in the last 3 years - we have had 28 assocaites take the exam - and 23 passed - and of those - 20 scored higher then 90%

a bit pricey - but well worth it for anyone not involved with contacts now -

Thread Information