Thread: Aspex Experience

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Aspex Experience

Has anyone had any experience with Aspex frames? If so what do you think about the quality? How about the company itself, how is the customer service? Exchange policies? I have tried all the other magnetic clip lines and haven't found one yet that I feel is a good quality. The new Flexon are a welcome addition but the styles are too limited right now.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Only one man's opinion...

Scale of 1 to 10:

Quality: 8
    Styles : 8
    Customer service: 9
    Returns policy: 10
    Value : 10

We use quite a bit of product, but not their Flexon stuff. I don't like the Takume line as much either because a lot of the clips aren't polarized.

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanka
    Has anyone had any experience with Aspex frames? If so what do you think about the quality? How about the company itself, how is the customer service? Exchange policies? I have tried all the other magnetic clip lines and haven't found one yet that I feel is a good quality. The new Flexon are a welcome addition but the styles are too limited right now.
    Product wise - Compared to Viva's Magic Clip they lack the technology of the clip. The Magic Clip stays on much better where I have seen complaints from the Easy Clip. Looks wise, I feel Easy Clip has the edge.

Company wise - I would rather deal with Satan. That is why I no longer deal with Aspex. From their customer service to their management this company is just asking for it. Their reps are great, but that is where it ends. Here are a few examples that either happened to myself or other opticians I know.
    • Order in a clip for a customer who lost their clip. The clip has reversed polars so it does not stick. Order in a whole new frame and clip under approval. They would not credit the original clip.
    • A lady sends back returns with the reps approval. She owes Aspex some money. Aspex refuses to credit her account until she pays them
    • When I stopped dealing with them they would keep sending me frames and bill me for them. I would return them. Suddendly they say that I owe money for a frame which I never had (a year after I stopped and had no inventory). They hounded us - Found out that we refused the package and it was sent back to them.
    Pretty unethical stuff in my opinion.

I will not ever deal with that company and caution those who start.

OptiBoard Professional Eddie G's's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I only deal with ASPEX and I have been with them for atleast 10 years.

The reps are great and they always take back the 2 year warranty stuff.
    The styles are always up to date and additional clips are easy to get for those customers that always lose them.

Sure you get the odd frame that is just a nightmare but what line doesn't have one of those?

I tried a few Viva clips and they were pretty good but Aspex had more variety.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Aspex quality, it's true, is too variable. It's as though they collect frames from everywhere and stick the magnet on it. I couldn't stomach the uneven quality. I tried carrying their once mega-expensive Takumi for it's high quality, but the styling was not marketable here. Now, their Tak2mi is just so-so.

I've decided magnetic clips are an optical illusion. A great idea that opticians and consumers want to try initially, but that repeat purchases are not likely. Also a maintenance problem, with frames going out of adjustment, etc.

Ironically, I was told by my (our:) ) Flexon rep that Aspex is making their clips. Somehow, I like it much better on the Flexon frames. It dovetails very nicely with their 600 series, and the styles are going to expand, I'm sure.

Bottom line: I carry the magnetic clips on the Flexon only, now, and promote 2nd pair sun. I'm just not a believer, anymore.

Thread Information