Thread: No Nos

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

No Nos

Has anybody here ever heard of No Nos :finger: for children that don't want to wear their glasses ??? We have a 2 year old who constantly takes of her glasses, the parents don't know what to do anymore, the glasses have cable temples but the child still pulls them off. The mother said she was told to get No Nos but we have never heard of No Nos and don't even know where to start looking for them. Any help is appreciated by my and the parents :)

Occupation
    Optometrist
    They are small, battery-powered, hearing-aid-sized appliances that attach to the cable temple. If the child pulls on the glasses, a severe electric shock is administered to the earlobe, discouraging further tampering with the eyewear.

Just kidding! ;)

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    A drop of super glue on the temple behind the ear keeps them on. Of course this removes small parts of the ear when you do take them off.

Seriously, most children that find that they can see better in the areas where they need to see (usually under 10 feet) will soon keep them on. If the doctor has precribed something that the child doesn't see significant improvement with, you are usually fighting a loosing battle. When my children were young and had Rx's of around -1.00 to -1.50 they each had two pairs of glasses, both of which were lost most of time. When they became -3.00's they started sleeping with them on.

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by drk

Just kidding! ;)
    You got me good!:hammer:
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    actually I think I've seen these before... they're sorta like arm immobilizers, so the kiddies can't bend their arm to mess with their glasses. I've only seen them used for when children have recently had surgical procedures done to keep them from playing with the incision site, not for discouraging eyewear tampering.

Opti-Lurker
    Menlo Park, how the h*ll did that happen?
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Quote Originally Posted by eromitlab
    actually I think I've seen these before... they're sorta like arm immobilizers, so the kiddies can't bend their arm to mess with their glasses. I've only seen them used for when children have recently had surgical procedures done to keep them from playing with the incision site, not for discouraging eyewear tampering.
    The the cone on a dogs neck after surgery?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by coda
    The the cone on a dogs neck after surgery?
    LMAO, no... they are like immobilizers that go over the child's arms to prevent them from bending, much like a soft cast might be used after knee surgery to prevent bending of the knee.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    so I take it as you guys also haven't heard of anything :) but I sure am glad y'all could get a good laugh out of this one :) peronally I like the first one, zap 'em good
    Thank you guys

Thread Information