Thread: Just Bazaar!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Just Bazaar!

You would not have believed me, From the "New York Post" read below:

Nov. 18 — A New Zealand mom is breast-feeding her bull-terrier puppy, Honey Boy, because she believes if she does, he'll protect her baby daughter as they grow up together. "He drinks more than the baby," said Kura Tumanako of Hastings. "It doesn't hurt, but it's a little bit ticklish."

:hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

bazaar 2

Unbelievable, from "New York Post" Read on:

Aug. 26 — A Los Angeles couple has raised a Cabbage Patch doll as their only son for 19 years. The doll, named Kevin, goes everywhere with Pat and Joe Posey and they talk to him, with Joe replying as the voice of Kevin. Kevin also has a playroom, toy Corvette, pet dog, full wardrobe and $3,000 college fund. "With every kid that you adopt, you promise to love them and be a good parent and take care of this child. [He's] easygoing, quiet and well-behaved," says Pat.

Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt:hammer:

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

Cabbage Patch Kid

Not a bad deal if you think about it. No sleepless nights, no dirty diapers, no potty training. And at 19, no worries about who he's hanging out with or what drugs he might be trying.
    It's gonna be a little tricky spending that $3000 college fund, but I guess they could order him a PhD through one of those internet sites and still have money left over for a graduation party.
    But what if, now that he's no longer a minor, he wants to seek out his birth mother???

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Lunch AnyOne?

From "The New York Post":March 27 — This is nothing to sneeze at. According to prominent Austrian physician Friedrich Bischinger, picking your nose and eating the dried remains can strengthen your immune system. Bischinger explains, "In terms of the immune system, the nose is a filter in which a great deal of bacteria are collected, and when this mixture arrives in the intestines it works just like medicine."

Now there's one for ya. Makes me thing of the old addage: "Eat an apple a day to keep the doctor away". Nose lunch anyone?
    Last edited by jediron1; 01-03-2005 at 10:26 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Buttttttttttttttt?

You want what?

BROOKLYN, N.Y. (Wireless Flash) -- Summer is all about relaxing for most folks -- but for Brooklyn spa owner Kristine Panariello, it's about getting her staff ready to do a lot of "butt facials."

The owner of Spa Secret has perfected a technique for smoothing out the skin of the derriere, and estimates 50 customers per week will have the procedure at the height of swimsuit season.

The so-called "Butt Lift" involves scraping off the first few layers of skin with microdermabrasion, then giving a massage with a tightening gel. The final step is the application of a mask which heats up, cools and dries to form a "cast" of the customer's heinie.

Panariello says it's not just nude models and strippers who are getting the Butt Lift: Female doctors, lawyers and accountants are having it done to shape up for their swimsuits.

In addition, a fair number of men are having their bums worked on, mostly for acne breakouts. The price for the procedure might knock you on your butt, though: $250 for a one-hour session.

Unbelievable what people will do to firm up!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Want to give your tw0 cents?

EAST WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) -- When the Washington state Department of Employment Security notified Sandi Bryan that she owed money for an unemployment compensation overpayment more than six years ago, she picked up the phone.
    She was being threatened with court action over a nickel.
    Bryan said she asked the state employee who took her call on a toll-free line whether she should mail in a nickel taped to a piece of paper.
    "I said, 'Do you realize for this nickel, you paid an employee to type this ... (spent) 37 cents for postage, and you want me to pay for a money order and the postage?"' she said.
    The response was that the money had to be paid properly.
    Bryan said she was overpaid when she was on unemployment for about three months more than six years ago but thought she had paid it all back.
    That was until she got a notice dated June 18 that demanded payment of five cents, after which "the Superior Court warrant will be satisfied immediately."
    Employment Security spokeswoman Kristin Alexander said the overpayment notices are sent to about 70,000 people a month with the average amount about $1,000.
    "Typically we do require payment to be made in whole, (but) in the case of a nickel, we would usually make an exception," Alexander said. "Had she spoken to me, I would have taken a nickel out of my purse and paid it for her."

They went after this woman for 5 cents, not $5 or $500.00 but for 5 cents!
    What will they want next her house?:hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jediron1
    Unbelievable, from "New York Post" Read on:

Aug. 26 — A Los Angeles couple has raised a Cabbage Patch doll as their only son for 19 years. The doll, named Kevin, goes everywhere with Pat and Joe Posey and they talk to him, with Joe replying as the voice of Kevin. Kevin also has a playroom, toy Corvette, pet dog, full wardrobe and $3,000 college fund. "With every kid that you adopt, you promise to love them and be a good parent and take care of this child. [He's] easygoing, quiet and well-behaved," says Pat.

Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt:hammer:

This story reminds me of a couple I knew of when I lived in Myrtle Beach. They were around 60-ish and had 2 "children", a boy and a girl, each having the correct anatomy. They took them to restaurants, hired babysitters for them, took them trick-or-treating at Halloween, had clothes, toys and bedroom furniture for them, even took them on vacation. The "children" were 2 life sized dolls!!! They would show pictures of them, etc. We thought about trying to sell eyeglasses to them, (bad joke, just kidding).
    They had lost their own child from what everyone could gather and I guess were in some kind of sad grief or fantasy. Very sad story but you could really hear some funny tales from the waiters and bartenders that used to see them out.

Vicki

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Unbelievable!

From the Bloomburg News Service, March 25, 1997

What a gas!
    A terrible diet and a room with no ventilation are being blamed for the death of a man who was killed by his own gas.
    There was no mark on his body, but an autopsy showed large amounts of methane gas in his system, police said. His diet had consisted primarily of beans and cabbage (and a couple of other things).
    It appears that the man died in his sleep from breathing from the poisonous cloud that was hanging over his bed, police said. Had he been outside or had his windows been opened, it wouldn't have been fatal. But the man was shut up in his near airtight bedroom.
    He was "a big man with a huge capacity for creating [this deadly gas]," a police representative said.
    Three of the rescuers got sick and one was hospitalized.

Bad address email on file
    For anyone interested, you can subscribe (free) to weekly bizarre but true stories. The owner has a tendency to like the sexually bizarre stories as well, so be forwarned if you are easily offended. Here is the link.

http://www.bizarrenews.com/
    shutterbug

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

What next will they her lunch money?

From The New York Post:
    January 9, 2005 -- A second-grader was ordered by a museum security guard to stop sketching her own versions of some of history's greatest paintings because she was violating copyright laws.

The security guard was mistaken, but he still kept young Julia Illana from sketching works at the North Carolina Museum of Art in Raleigh, TV station WTVD reported. Julia's drawings of Picasso's "Woman with Bangs" and Matisse's "Large Reclining Nude" were quite good, the station reported. :hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

What's next, No Magazines?

First they got rid of the peanuts . . .

Passengers on Alitalia's European flights were left hungry and thirsty for four hours on Friday when cabin crews staged a "snack strike" to protest new working conditions. Passengers didn't see so much as a beverage cart between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. :hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Talk about going to the dogs!

From The New York post:

A Swiss motorist who stopped his car after hitting a dog discovered his victim was a man dressed in a dog costume.

Police in Wauwil, Lucerne, believe the "dog" — a drunk stag-party reveler — had laid down in the middle of the road while walking home. "Thanks to his thick dog costume he received only superficial wounds," a cop reported. :drop:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Whats that smell?

January 14, 2005 -- New York Post:

Imagine being trapped in your bathroom for two months and the toilet won't flush.

That's how residents of Milford, Neb., feel thanks to a mountainous pile of composting manure that's been burning out of control for the past 60 days.
    Officials of the Midwest Feeding Co., who started the fire, have been trying to extinguish it, but high winds keep hampering the efforts. And now the stench is detectable up to nine miles sway.

Boy talk of a rotting situation!:hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Look Out MSN

Call it www.absolutelywacko.com.

Cornelia and Nonu Dragoman of Transylvania are naming their firstborn "Yahoo" as a tribute to the popular Web site where they first met and fell in love.
    "We named him Lucian Yahoo after my father and the 'Net, the main beacon of my life," gushed the proud mom. Will their next kids be named "Google" and "Hotbot"?

Nothing needs to be said about this! :hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

jury pool from hell

January 20, 2005 -- Lawyers quizzing a jury pool in Memphis, Tenn., were jolted when one man got up and left, announcing, "I'm on morphine and I'm higher than a kite."

But they really started tearing their hair out when another said that he'd been thrown into a mental hospital after trying to shoot his nephew, and a third that he'd been busted for soliciting sex from an undercover cop. That guy added, "I should have known something was up. She had all her teeth!"
    The "jury pool from hell," said exasperated defense lawyer Leslie Ballin.

Unbelievable!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Talk about training your dog!

A stink was raised at a Pistons-Magic NBA game in Orlando when a Seeing Eye dog trotted onto the court and relieved himself.
    The pooch — part of the Canine Companions for Independence group — then wagged his tail and returned to the sidelines.

:hammer: :hammer:

Thread Information