Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunglasses and Displays

Bad address email on file Mikef's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I called my rep after I saw the Circuit City ad and asked why they had them and I didn't have mine yet. He told me that CC had paid for the developement of Thump, so, they got them 1st. My initial order of the Thump was 3 pieces one of the 126mb and one 252mb, plus a working demo. That's all that was required, still have not recieved them.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by CME4SPECS
    I called my rep after I saw the Circuit City ad and asked why they had them and I didn't have mine yet. He told me that CC had paid for the developement of Thump, so, they got them 1st. My initial order of the Thump was 3 pieces one of the 126mb and one 252mb, plus a working demo. That's all that was required, still have not recieved them.
    I would cancel the 128mb. I read a review that said it would only hold about 20 songs or just one album!

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikef
    Drk

I Assume that you boycott Safilo and Oakley because they have retail stores and could open next to you!!!!
    Dang right I would, assuming they were more than a mere drop in the bucket. There's no Oakley or Safilo anywhere in the city.

I can't begin to count all the Searscrafpearles. And they will freestand next to our colleagues on this board soon enough.

Mike, I wish you well, but you may be out of a job, if people wake up and smell the coffee.

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by CME4SPECS
    That doesn't seem like a uncommon situation, unless your are a "premium" dealer you don't get priority delivery. Larger accts will get the product weeks before smaller ones do.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi
    That doesn't seem like a uncommon situation, unless your are a "premium" dealer you don't get priority delivery. Larger accts will get the product weeks before smaller ones do.
    Make sense to me!

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by drk
    Dang right I would, assuming they were more than a mere drop in the bucket. There's no Oakley or Safilo anywhere in the city.

I can't begin to count all the Searscrafpearles. And they will freestand next to our colleagues on this board soon enough.

Mike, I wish you well, but you may be out of a job, if people wake up and smell the coffee.
    So what you are saying is you will keep giving Safilo money until they have enough to open a store near you!

Most of my 200 or so customers could care about Lenscrafters. The reason they could care is that they are doing fine and Lenscrafters has actually closed about 16 stores in my area in the last 10 years.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    No, Mike F. I'm not a moron.

Safilo has no obvious intention to open thousands of retail stores. What about your daddy?

IF any other wholesaler becomes my direct competition, I will stop funding them. Simple enough?

I have an LC, Pearle, and Sears about 3 miles away in one direction, and another Sears about 3 miles in the other direction. Why don't I just drop by and give each of them about $500 out of the good nature of my heart?

No, Luxottica is too wonderful for me to disassociate from. They have all the good frames, right? They are going to lock up the vision care market, and I won't have to play by their rules, right?

Give it a rest. I'm not thirsty for your Kool-Aid.
    Last edited by drk; 12-09-2004 at 10:47 PM.

Thread Information