Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liberalism Blossoms

Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet
    Are you insinuating that the government should pay for therapy for women who have had abortions, and later regret it? Are you, Mr. "No Tolls", willing to contribute taxes for programs like that?

PP will enable a woman to carry out her choice. Please don't act like they have an annulal "Christmas Abortion Sale".

Please provide factual backing for your assertion of post-abortion women having suicidal tendancies. I'd like to see the percentage that those women represent as a portion of the general population.
    You are just off the wall today.

Retorts:

1. I am suggesting that the government should not legalize a behavior know to end in suicide, decreased worker productivity, sickness, and premature death.

The very same women that promote giving women a chnce to get through the glass celing, are promoting a practice that makes it harder to do so. Who wants to be Mrs. CEO when they are clinically depressed? Ahhh the hypocracy of the left.

Also I am not talking about regrets, I am talking about mental illness.

2. Christmas Sale on Abortions. Where did that come from?

3. For a factual basis of post abortion issue, only one of which is suicide, please READ MY LINKS!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mrba
    You are just off the wall today.

Retorts:

1. I am suggesting that the government should not legalize a behavior know to end in suicide, decreased worker productivity, sickness, and premature death.

The very same women that promote giving women a chnce to get through the glass celing, are promoting a practice that makes it harder to do so. Who wants to be Mrs. CEO when they are clinically depressed? Ahhh the hypocracy of the left.

Also I am not talking about regrets, I am talking about mental illness.
    I don't think it's "known" to do all those things.

Abortion keeps women from excelling in business? Now that's off the wall!

2. Christmas Sale on Abortions. Where did that come from?
    your previous post:
    but my point is that PP is more than happy to get you the abortion..
    PP is not "happy", they do a job. They enable a decision. They don't treat abortions like they are products that the "sell".

3. For a factual basis of post abortion issue, only one of which is suicide, please READ MY LINKS!
    Gee, your links are all one sided, supporting your point. From reading them, you'd think there are no women who have terminated a pregnancy and remained sane.:hammer: Try an objective, neutral link, next time.
    ...Just ask me...

Spex you are silly.

Any action that causes mental issues will keep you from excelling... A totally off the wall concept to you I am sure.

PP is not "Happy" to do the job? If not why are they doing what they don't believe in, or doing what doesn't give them satisfaction. Surely you agree that if you are an optician you should like something about it! Why not for any other job such as abortion referral service like PP?!

As far as objectivity, you are eithewr dead or you are not. I challenge you to find a site to counter my one sided sites. There aren't any.

Ever heard of a dirty little secret. Suicide and mental health issues are abortions dirty little secret (besides the mess in the sink at the clinic).

regards old friend.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would imagine that some women would feel depression after an abortion in much the same way some women feel post partum depression after childbirth. Abortion, if the woman tries to hide it, may carry more impact though.

Out of curiosity, how do pro-choice folks feel about Medicaid or insurance companies covering abortion? I could understand if it is covered in cases of rape or health risk but what if it is elective?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by 1968
    I do understand that point. But why do you feel abortion is a sin?
    It shows a lack of respect for life--no, I don't think a fetus is the same thing as a human being with a soul, but the human being is a wondrous and unique thing, not to be taken lightly. It is my opinion that our Creator would want us to protect all the elements that define life. It's the same feeling I have about treating human remains with respect. Also, and this is more difficult to articulate,there is also something very troubling about people putting their personal convenience ahead of all else, a sense of not taking responsibility for one's actions.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    And if any of you feel that Chip feels he is without sin or forgiven, I am the only member of my church that is convinced he is going to Hell for his sins of the past.

Chip
    You're the only one admitting to it!!!!;) Take heart, all the really interesting people will be joining you!!!

Occupation
    Murder?
    Did I not state I do not feel abortion is a crime? Murder is a crime. Ergo........

Occupation
    For someone who is so keen to "dim witted" (your words) comments, you sure do have quite a few of your own.

The only person who can decide whether or not you have children is you, regardless of abortion legality. We call that making choices. There are also more crass terms I wont bother with.
    I don't understand the first sentence.

Second sentence: I was pointing out the paradox of the views held by Chip on reproductive rights and seatbelts/helmets as presented earlier in the thread, not the actual law as it exists. Your statement is irrelevant to that point.

The art of conversation involves an effort to maintain continuity of thought.

So did you bring your lunch today or did you drive to work?

The art of conversation involves an effort to maintain continuity of thought. So did you bring your lunch today or did you drive to work?
    Not at all. I get your point, but I don't drive to work, and do not lunch.

Opti-Lurker
    Menlo Park, how the h*ll did that happen?
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Functions of the Federal Government should be limited to:

1) Carry the mail.
    2) Guard the damned coast line.

Beyond that the part of the Constitution that states: "Congress Shall Make No Law." should have been enough for the rest of the document.
    Hear hear!

And I'm happy with outsourcing the mail as well.

Opti-Lurker
    Occupation
    Chem2023:
    No one wants you to have children. No one cares what you do with your body, you may destroy it tomarrow if you wish. Now it's murdering children already concieved that we have a problem with.
    But, of course, the federal government shouldn't have an opinion on this one way or the other right?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by chm2023
    Did I not state I do not feel abortion is a crime? Murder is a crime. Ergo........
    chm2020, in post #35 you said abortion is a sin. Can you clarify why you think it is a sin? [EDIT: Nevermind. I saw your answer posted earlier in post #55. Thanks.]

Quote Originally Posted by chm2023
    It shows a lack of respect for life--no, I don't think a fetus is the same thing as a human being with a soul, but the human being is a wondrous and unique thing, not to be taken lightly. It is my opinion that our Creator would want us to protect all the elements that define life. It's the same feeling I have about treating human remains with respect. Also, and this is more difficult to articulate,there is also something very troubling about people putting their personal convenience ahead of all else, a sense of not taking responsibility for one's actions.
    Do you belive a soul is a physical thing, manefested in the mysterious functioning of the brain? Or is it a spiritual thing only implanted after a baby passes through a birth canal?

As far as human remains, how do they represent life?

And finally, I agree with you comment about taking responsibility, however, if it is true that abortion causes mental illness in say 10% of cases, is it really more convenient and easier than taking responsibility?

Can we get out of paying the piper later versus now?

Opti-Lurker
    Occupation
    What are the percentages of women who suffer from long (or even short) term mental health problems as a result of having an abortion? Does anyone have actual statistics, not simply annecdotal information?

Secondly does anyone have similar information regarding the long term mental health of women who give children up for adoption?

How about the correletation between unwanted pregnancy and mental stability?

Thread Information