Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberalism Blossoms

Liberalism Blossoms

On occation I wonder why I am so against leftist scum. Here is why.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041130/D86MD4DG1.html

It occurs to me that extermination is cheaper!

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    What do you propose to do for TERMINALLY ill babies, just let them die in agony or pump them full of narcotics until they die prolonging the suffering for the family. It's not like these doctors are playing god and "eliminating" babies with slight birth defects, these are severe cases.
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

All it takes is one severe case that made it for me to disagree with your point.

Fortuneatly, for some, suffering can be dignified and virtuous. It can build something called charachter, something seemingly lacking out there...

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Ask anyone who has ever worked in a peds unit, especially a specialty center. Babies born with terrible, unoperable defects are allowed to gently slip away every day. The last paragraph in the article addresses this. This practice in Holland is shocking I agree, but let's not get too holier than thou--we embrace the same ends, different means.

And children's suffering is neither dignified nor virtuous, what sort of monstrous thinking is that!!!

Occupation

right wing crazies blossom

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/29/sc....marijuana.ap/

Talk about your interesting bedfellows. Conservatives arguing that the Feds (the Courts no less--accursed activism!!)--have the right to overturn the will of the people and take away states' perogatives. Yikes!!

There was a WH spokesman (presumably a compassionate conservative?? oh my head...) who was on CNN yesterday. When asked why the government should intervene when the pot is not being sold, but grown and consumed to alleviate pain, his response: "Well crack alleviates pain." Sigh.

Then, another nugget of wisdom: "We don't pump people full of drugs just to lessen pain." We don't?????

One of the few joys we Kerry-ites have these days is watching Bush jump thru hoops to placate the mad, mad, mad, mad right wing. Oh what a tangled web.....;)

part 2:

Bush is nominating to head up the Reproductive section of the FDA, an ob/gyn (a man of course) who refuses to prescribe contraceptives to unmarried women in his private practice, and who advises women with pre-menstral ailments to read the Bible.

Four more years. So ladies, what do you think?

http://www.populationconnection.org/.../alert321.html
    Last edited by chm2023; 12-01-2004 at 10:28 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mrba
    On occation I wonder why I am so against leftist scum. Here is why.
    What gives you the impression that leftist scum are involved? There is no mention of political leanings in the article.

It occurs to me that extermination is cheaper!
    Which fits right in with your ultra-conservative "no tax, conserve my money" philosophy, and seems to be supporting what you comdemned in your last post. Which is it: are you for it or against it?

If you want to suffer, just continue with your self-flagellation. We sane people will use a pain reliever of our choice.
    ...Just ask me...

Thank you my dear spexy, for pointing out, that in fact I didn't take a stand on the issue.

What gives you the impression that leftist scum are involved? There is no mention of political leanings in the article.
    Netherlands? Land of legal drugs and prostitution? Your right, it could be a red state.:)

CHM,
    we embrace the same ends, different means.
    I think the article established the ends are already determined. A more thoughtful insight into the article may have brought up the issue, that although very few babies would be put to sleep like a dog under this new law, how many will be killed in later years as the practice becomes more acceptable. Who determines if a disease or birth defect is beyond hope?

You seem to make light of the means, and point out that it is what makes me holyer than thou. What if the means were a gas chamber? A furnace? Where do you draw the line that says I am not holy?

Nevermind, you have established that you are quite comfortable with a sink with a drain in this country as a means.

I fall on the side of the Netherlands approving infanticide. Chop em up and feed them to the starving orphans.:hammer:
    Last edited by mrba; 12-01-2004 at 02:23 PM.

Which fits right in with your ultra-conservative "no tax, conserve my money" philosophy, and seems to be supporting what you comdemned in your last post. Which is it: are you for it or against it?
    Spex,
    as soon as you show me the ticket,for giving all of your money to the govt. I will do the same.

Occupation
    You seem to make light of the means, .:hammer:
    I said I thought it was "shocking". By any measure, not making "light of the means" (I assume you understand the difference between ends and means? Perhaps I should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Spex,
    as soon as you show me the ticket,for giving all of your money to the govt. I will do the same.
    I was just pointing out an apparant discrepency between your cost-savings quote and your position (as I've come to know it) on causing the deaths of early infants. I do not, nor have I ever given all of my money to the government. I just fulfill my citizenly obligation.
    ...Just ask me...

Elitest?

(I assume you understand the difference between ends and means? Perhaps I should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.)
    You just had to add that in... So sophisticated.
    Last edited by mrba; 12-01-2004 at 02:25 PM.

Libertarian???

Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet
    I was just pointing out an apparant discrepency between your cost-savings quote and your position (as I've come to know it) on causing the deaths of early infants. I do not, nor have I ever given all of my money to the government. I just fulfill my citizenly obligation.
    Not sure where you assumed that I think people should pay no taxes. I think the govt. should be enabled to provide public goods that individuals and private parties cannot provide.

Examples:
    Public Parks
    Highways
    Defense
    Courts

All worthy of tax dollars

Examples where the governmet has no buisness meddling:

healthcare
    abortion
    bridge tolls
    sex education
    "Mercy Killing" (trying to stay on topic)

etc etc...

Occupation
    You just had to add that in... So sophisticated.
    And such a high bar.

Occupation
    Not sure where you assumed that I think people should pay no taxes. I think the govt. should be enabled to provide public goods that individuals and private parties cannot provide.

Examples:
    Public Parks
    Highways
    Defense
    Courts

All worthy of tax dollars

Examples where the governmet has no buisness meddling:

healthcare
    abortion
    bridge tolls
    sex education
    "Mercy Killing" (trying to stay on topic)

etc etc...
    So motoring along the highway and come to a bridge--the highway is a gov't area of influence, the toll bridge is private enterprise. Interesting. Perhaps the toll bridges could be sponsored by various corporations: the Golden Gate sponsored by Rice-a-Roni for instance.

So in high school health class, we cover respiration, circulation, nervous system etc, and just ignore reproduction. This will undoubtedly foster a healthy outlook on sex, not like it's dirty or anything, we just don't mention it. Good thinking, after all what harm can come to teenagers not knowing about reproduction?

Agree the government should stay out of abortion, this is between a woman and her doctor and her conscience.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Who cares? It's in the NETHERLANDS! What's so concerning? Plus, the righties don't care for or respect Europe anyway....failing to see the issue here.

Don't fret MRBA... there are way too many fundies right here in the USA, it'll never happen.

Signed,
    Leftist SCUM
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Quote Originally Posted by chm2023
    So motoring along the highway and come to a bridge--the highway is a gov't area of influence, the toll bridge is private enterprise. Interesting. Perhaps the toll bridges could be sponsored by various corporations: the Golden Gate sponsored by Rice-a-Roni for instance.

So in high school health class, we cover respiration, circulation, nervous system etc, and just ignore reproduction. This will undoubtedly foster a healthy outlook on sex, not like it's dirty or anything, we just don't mention it. Good thinking, after all what harm can come to teenagers not knowing about reproduction?

Agree the government should stay out of abortion, this is between a woman and her doctor and her conscience.
    Nope you missed it. We pay taxes for bridges, and should not have to pay toll on top of that.

Nope you missed it. Sperms and Eggs aren't the same as condoms and the pill. Has nothing to do with dirty. And I hardly think teenagers these days need a primer on how the birds andd the bees work in high school. If you must do it try 2nd grade. Also those aren't health class topics, they are bio.

Just curious, why does conscience play into abortion?

Who cares? It's in the NETHERLANDS!
    Thank you Jana, I can now use that to respond to you forever.

Iraq: WHO CARES! IT'S IN IRAQ!!!!!
    African Aids: WHO CARES! IT'S IN AFRICA!!!

I'm beginning to like this.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

LOL:bbg:

Bad Bat!
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Okay---

I'll give you that.... WHO CARES? IT'S IN IRAQ? EXACTLY! Why should we care that Iraq is being "liberated"? I certainly don't, hell I didn't think we should of been in Iraq in the first place! Blame ol' Georgie for one HORRENDUS mistake!

And as far as Africa Aids... we really could care less about that right now as it is. What aids help? We don't even care about people HERE in the USA with aids. WHO CARES?

I'm beginning to like this too!
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Functions of the Federal Government should be limited to:

1) Carry the mail.
    2) Guard the damned coast line.

Beyond that the part of the Constitution that states: "Congress Shall Make No Law." should have been enough for the rest of the document.

Occupation
    Nope you missed it. We pay taxes for bridges, and should not have to pay toll on top of that.

Nope you missed it. Sperms and Eggs aren't the same as condoms and the pill. Has nothing to do with dirty. And I hardly think teenagers these days need a primer on how the birds andd the bees work in high school. If you must do it try 2nd grade. Also those aren't health class topics, they are bio.

Just curious, why does conscience play into abortion?
    Who (of any consequence) says we shouldn't have to pay tolls? Seems to me tolls (versus taxes) directly allocate the cost associated with the service. But it comes down to pay me now or pay me later, no tolls, higher taxes. (Seems a rather ill-conceived example to illustrate the weighty issue of the proper role of government)

Sex ed presents the "how"--and is a part of the typical health class curriculum at public, parochial and private schools--had kids in each, very familiar with the subject matter. High school bio presents reproduction on a more broad brush, non species specific level. (Full disclosure, my husband has served as a consultant for bio text books).

The last question is too foolish to address.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    Functions of the Federal Government should be limited to:

1) Carry the mail.
    2) Guard the damned coast line.

Beyond that the part of the Constitution that states: "Congress Shall Make No Law." should have been enough for the rest of the document.
    Off the top of my head, specific stuff in the Constitution: taxes, printing money, trademarks, courts, highway system, regulation of commerce, treaties. But hey, I bet Mississippi could do all this stuff for itself, right? And think how great it would be if all 50 states did this stuff themselves--50 different monetary units, cool!!! Stupid founding fathers.

Who (of any consequence) says we shouldn't have to pay tolls? Seems to me tolls (versus taxes) directly allocate the cost associated with the service. But it comes down to pay me now or pay me later, no tolls, higher taxes. (Seems a rather ill-conceived example to illustrate the weighty issue of the proper role of government)

Sex ed presents the "how"--and is a part of the typical health class curriculum at public, parochial and private schools--had kids in each, very familiar with the subject matter. High school bio presents reproduction on a more broad brush, non species specific level. (Full disclosure, my husband has served as a consultant for bio text books).

The last question is too foolish to address.
    1. You are obviously not from the bay area. Most of the toll money does not go to the bridges, which in effect nullifies your lower tolls higher taxes argument. I believe NY is in the same situation.

2.OK

3. NOT! Nice try. What I was getting at, was that I was under the impression that abortion was a medical procedure between a woman and her doctor. You injected concscience which I found fascinating, since that implies some right and wrong equation, which wouldn't be what I would expect from a liberal in favor of choice. Hence, what is your concscience telling you?

HARDLY A FOOLISH QUESTION TO ONE WHO IS EVOLVED!

Off the top of my head, specific stuff in the Constitution: taxes, printing money, trademarks, courts, highway system, regulation of commerce, treaties. But hey, I bet Mississippi could do all this stuff for itself, right? And think how great it would be if all 50 states did this stuff themselves--50 different monetary units, cool!!! Stupid founding fathers.
    What I don't think is that private parties could do this for themselves, hence the need for a govt. I also do not think Mississippi could do them all well either.

Thread Information