Hi All, yesterday I purchased a new pair of glasses, it is the first pair I have bought in probably 7 years (I have worn contacts for the last 3-4 years).

I've been having some terrible eye problems the last 2 years or so. It begins each afternoon and feels a lot like eye allergies. I have burning in the eyes and dry eyes and then I always get a front-head headache and I basically feel very tired and can't concentrate or focus. I've tried Patanol and some OTC eye drops but these don't really help.

Anyway, after speaking to another Doctor, I decided that it may be my contacts that are irritating my eyes somehow. So I decided to buy glasses to test out the theory.

I tried the glasses last night for the first time and they seem to be very wrong. I notice it most when I look at the computer screen. It is almost as if there is a small bubble in the middle of the screen so that things on the sides are distorted slightly. Another analogy would be to say that the things on the screen almost appear to be slanted. I also seem to have poor peripheral vision and things seem to have a slight tint or halo to them that they shouldn't. However, I should also point out that things are also somewhat clear (ie, the prescription itself doesn't seem too far off).

I know that I waer Toric contacts and have an astigmastism and I'm not sure how/if this is reflected in my glasses prescription (I brought the prescription issued by the optomistrist to the glasses maker). The lenses are the Featherwate from LensCrafters and have the anti-reflective coating.

So, my questions are the following:

1. Does anyone have experience with eye allergies/problems described above?
2. Has anyone heard of these sorts of troubles with new lenses before? Aside from returning to LensCrafters (which I will do), is there any other advice? Should I have another eye exam?

For reference, the prescription, as written, is (it is about 4 months old):

OD: -250, -75 115

Any help is greatly appreciated! Kevin