Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Potential First Lady denigrates women and

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

It's the press that's lying

Quote Originally Posted by chm2023
    http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/27/politics/27bomb.html

The commander of the unit says otherwise.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article....rticle_id=9673

As do the Iraqi officials.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=195036

As does the IAEA.

So either Kerry and the unit commander and the Iraqi government and the IAEA are lying. Or the administration is. Gee, if only there were a track record to help me decide who to believe....:hammer:
    Your fabracation is falling completely apart.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...2637-6257r.htm

It seems the Russians took the dump PRIOR to us getting there. Kerry's own advisors are backing off. But don't bother me with the facts - I'm on a roll.

I guess we should have invaded earlier! Eh?

Rep

Opti-Lurker
    Menlo Park, how the h*ll did that happen?
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Quote Originally Posted by rep
    It seems the Russians took the dump PRIOR to us getting there. Kerry's own advisors are backing off. But don't bother me with the facts - I'm on a roll.
    Interesting if it's true. If it is true then more interesting still is why we didn't hear about this earlier.

This certainly supports my opinion of 'our good friend' Putin.

Occupation

Rep
    First, I would appreciate not being called a liar.

Second, you should have seen by now the tape from the Minn/St Paul reporter imbedded with the 101st. He and some of the troops (unofficially) were looking around and came upon bunkers. He taped the uncutting of the IAEA seal and guess what they found inside? Again on tape with the encrypted date. See below (from the always fair W Times no less)

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...3912-4306r.htm
    Last edited by chm2023; 10-29-2004 at 10:29 AM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Rep
    Wrong on all accounts:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
    ...Just ask me...

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Perhaps if this story on the missing explosives had come out sometime before the week before the election, there might have been time to do a real investigation before jumping to conclusions...

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What ordinance was found there was blown up by the 101st and the 6th useing the captured ordinace to do so. If anything was removed after we left it was a lost pistol cartrige or two that slipped under the sand. Our army knows who loose ordinance will be used against and none of them is stupid enough to allow it to fall into enemy hands. Even the 15% in the armed forces that say they would vote for Kerry isn't that stupid.

Chip

Occupation

By now you have seen the pentagon press conference

and unless you have press credentials - nobody called you a liar.

Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet
    Wrong on all accounts:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
    Um no...

Occupation

Missing In Action

The FRENCH army must have hundreds of well trained combat engineers who could have disposed of explosives like this.

Where were YOU, Jacques --?

Occupation
    and unless you have press credentials - nobody called you a liar.

Rep
    By "your fabracation (sic)" I naturally assumed you meant my fabrication, or lie.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    What ordinance was found there was blown up by the 101st and the 6th useing the captured ordinace to do so. If anything was removed after we left it was a lost pistol cartrige or two that slipped under the sand. Our army knows who loose ordinance will be used against and none of them is stupid enough to allow it to fall into enemy hands. Even the 15% in the armed forces that say they would vote for Kerry isn't that stupid.

Chip
    Ok. The admin initially stated that there were no weapons as per the IAEA warning in the area in question after the invasion and concluded that terrorists of some ilk must have carried them off, pre-invasion.

Next, the adminstration hypothesized that the Russians had aided Saddam's regime in getting the weapons out pre invasion.

On Thursday, Rummy claimed that it would have been impossible for the weapons to have been moved post invasion because "our troops would have seen that"; at the same time he rejected the Russian theory.

Late Thursday, the Minn reporter tape breaks.

Now, the Pentagon is saying they probably did destroy this cache of weapons after the invasion--meaning obviously that the cache was there, contradicting the earlier statements from the admin. However, the major in charge of the operation states that his troops took about 250 tons of explosives and destroyed it, but he's not certain it's the same stuff.

Golly, glad we got that cleared up! There's nothing as reassuring as the people at the top having a firm grasp on the facts.

And people say this administration couldn't find its a** with both hands!!

(The high point of this whole debacle" Rudy Guiliani's remarks on the Today Show that regardless, this is not the President's fault. (Beat). It's the fault of the army. Imagine if Kerry had made this statement!!! )
    Last edited by chm2023; 10-31-2004 at 02:21 PM.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake
    Perhaps if this story on the missing explosives had come out sometime before the week before the election, there might have been time to do a real investigation before jumping to conclusions...
    You mean like the swift investigation into the outing of a CIA operative? Or the swift investigation of 9/11?

If anyone jumped to conclusions it was the WH. They reacted by saying the weapons were gone before the invasion. Now they are, dare I say, flip-flopping. In and of itself, not a huge deal. However, what this again demonstrates is that there has been and remains a disturbing ad hoc quality to the waging of this war. Think about it: if there had been a robust and tactically sound plan to destroy the weapons caches (the ones we knew about), would this not have been the first piece of documentation Rummy and the Pentagon would have referenced to counter this story? Instead, they pull this Russian story out of their...body cavity...then just walk away from it. Amateur hour and our kids dying every day.
    Last edited by chm2023; 10-31-2004 at 12:59 PM.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Actually the weapons in question were found by Han Blitz who issued an order to the UN (Cofie Anon) to destroy them. The U.N. Didn't think they were worth the trouble. That's how Kerry would destroy such things, he'd tell the U.N.

Chip,

Good point. I love how libs whine about how the UN should ddo anything, and then when they get a taste of the UN methods or lack thereof, the silence is deafening.

I reference the "Oil for new palaces" program as one example.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by chip anderson
    Actually the weapons in question were found by Han Blitz who issued an order to the UN (Cofie Anon) to destroy them. The U.N. Didn't think they were worth the trouble. That's how Kerry would destroy such things, he'd tell the U.N.
    I love how you guys change the subject when you are in a box--look, the point is, the weapons were there after the invasion, clearly in contradiction the WH and Pentagon statements. (And I seem to recall the US telling the UN to hit the bricks, we would handle everything post invasion.) Whether the UN was negligent or not is not the point being questioned, rather it is the ongoing obfuscation and blatant lies that are routine to this administration--and frankly I am not going to waste any more time on this when you clearly are decided that Bush can do no wrong irrespective of the facts.
    Last edited by chm2023; 11-01-2004 at 10:53 AM.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I really doubt insurgents moved all of the ordinance from this site. (Would you not think the insurgents would be using it by now in one form or another?)

The logistics to move this weight undetected is impossible. I do believe our special ops or cia types moved it for their own reasons and the last thing they want is for us to know it even existed. We may find out in 50 years when records are released.
    Jim Schafer
    Retired From PPG Industries/
    Transitions Optical, Inc.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less.
    Paul Brown

Bad address email on file fvc2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mrba
    Sort of like GB is a stupid drunk, who sold out our country to oil interests, Enron, and Hilliburton, who is really on the side of Bin laden?

You're right, it gets way to personal with Hillary.
    Just so I understand the above statement, he drank when he was younger(are you saying you didn't?...How exactly did he sell out for oil? Have you seen any additional oil coming to this country? As for Enron, do you honestly think that in the short amount of time he was in office, when the scandal broke, he magically made all their accounting practices the way they were? I mean gosh they must have said GW is office so we must now change how we conduct our business to cheat people. Halliburton give me a break. There are two companies in the world able to handle the rebuilding process in Iraq. One is halliburton and the other is a French company. HMMM, lets let the French help rebuild Iraq, when they didn't want to help defend the country or help get rid of Saddam, because he owed them money.

Get your head out of the sand....
    Christina

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Schafer
    I really doubt insurgents moved all of the ordinance from this site. (Would you not think the insurgents would be using it by now in one form or another?) ...
    Guess what a car bomb could be made of?
    ...Just ask me...

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    spexvet,
    the insurgents are using conventional plastique exposives and strung together ordinance set off by garage door openers and cell phones. The exposives in the bunkers were high tech materials, bunker busting and city block busting materials.
    Jim Schafer
    Retired From PPG Industries/
    Transitions Optical, Inc.

When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less.
    Paul Brown

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Spexvet
    I don't care about the First Lady. Laura Bush was virtually invisible for the past four years. Was that good or bad? On one hand, she never offered an opinion, on the other, she never offered an opinion.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand (no pun intended ) Mrs. Clinton was seen every ware and was even heading the new health care bill task force when they finally had to rein her in. Getting little big for her pants or should I say dress. I don't think I have seen her in a dress!

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've seen her in a skirt but I feel sure she had men's briefs under them.

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Did you notice the date?

What, is this drinking night for you guys?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    shanbaum
    What, is this drinking night for you guys?[/QUOTE]

Maybe for you but not me. Spex took a potshot at Mrs. Bush so I thought that his favorite Pres.'s wife needed to brought into it and shown how she was in the lime light and needed to be reined back. She was getting to big for her pants but I guess you never heard that phrase before!:D

Thread Information