Thread: OK, how about this...

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

OK, how about this...

My baby bro was a Marine and his other half sent this to me.

CAN YOU NAME THIS COUNTRY ?

709,000 REGULAR (ACTIVE DUTY) MILITARY PERSONNEL.

293,000 RESERVE TROOPS.

EIGHT STANDING ARMY DIVISIONS.

* 20 AIR FORCE AND NAVY AIR WINGS WITH 2,000 COMBAT AIRCRAFT 232 STRATEGIC BOMBERS.

* 19 STRATEGIC BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINES WITH 3,114 NUCLEAR*WARHEADS ON 232 MISSILES.

* 500 ICBMs WITH 1,950 WARHEADS.

* FOUR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS

* 121 SURFACE COMBAT SHIPS AND SUBMARINES PLUS ALL THE SUPPORT BASES, SHIPYARDS, AND LOGISTICAL ASSETS NEEDED TO SUSTAIN SUCH A NAVAL FORCE.

IS THIS COUNTRY-

RUSSIA ? NO

CHINA ? NO

GREAT BRITAIN ? NO

FRANCE ? WRONG AGAIN ( What a Laugh!!!!!)

MUST BE USA ? STILL WRONG (SORT OF)

GIVE UP ?

?* THESE ARE THE AMERICAN MILITARY FORCES THAT WERE ELIMINATED DURING THE ADMINISTRATION OF BILL CLINTON & AL GORE. AND [their elimination] WAS 100% SUPPORTED BY JOHN KERRY (THESE ARE ISSUES HE DID VOTE ON)

SLEEP WELL ?

This is not a new message, but a reminder of why we now have over-deployed our National Guard and Reserve Units.

HE SAID CHECK THE RECORD ?

Sen. John Kerry, Democrat from Massachusetts says he is the strongest Presidential Candidate on National Defense! He said Check the Record..We Did!Here is what we learned:

He voted to kill the Bradley FightingVehicle

He voted to kill the M-1 Abrams Tank

He voted to kill every Aircraft carrier laid down from 1988

He voted to kill the Aegis anti-aircraft system

He voted to Kill the F-15 strike eagle Fighter Jet
    He voted to Kill the Block 60 F-16
    He voted to Kill the P-3 Orion upgrade
    He voted to Kill the B-1 Bomber
    He voted to Kill the Patriot anti-Missile system

He voted to Kill the FA-18 Fighter Jet
    He voted to Kill the B-21 Bomber
    He voted to Ki ll the F117 Fighter Jet

He voted to kill every military appropriation for the development and deployment of every weapons systems since 1988, including a bill for battle armor for our troops.

John Kerry voted to kill all anti-terrorism activities of each and*every*agency of the U.S. Government.

He voted to cut the funding of the FBI by 60%.

He voted to cut the funding for the CIA by 80%.

He voted to cut the funding for the NSA by 80%.

THEN, and this is abhorrent to almost every American Voter- be youDemocrat,Republican or Independent, he voted to increase OUR funding for U.Noperations by 800% !!

Ask yourself Is THIS the person you want as President of the United States, providing for the Common Defense of the Nation and to be the Leader ofthe Free World?

Voting history can be accessed through Senate voting records. The above is an accurate summary.
    Last edited by karen; 10-13-2004 at 08:02 AM.
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Suggest a visit to factcheck.org asap.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by karen
    My baby bro was a Marine and his other half sent this to me.

CAN YOU NAME THIS COUNTRY ?

709,000 REGULAR (ACTIVE DUTY) MILITARY PERSONNEL.

293,000 RESERVE TROOPS.

EIGHT STANDING ARMY DIVISIONS.

* 20 AIR FORCE AND NAVY AIR WINGS WITH 2,000 COMBAT AIRCRAFT 232 STRATEGIC BOMBERS.

* 19 STRATEGIC BALLISTIC MISSILE SUBMARINES WITH 3,114 NUCLEAR*WARHEADS ON 232 MISSILES.

* 500 ICBMs WITH 1,950 WARHEADS.

* FOUR AIRCRAFT CARRIERS

* 121 SURFACE COMBAT SHIPS AND SUBMARINES PLUS ALL THE SUPPORT BASES, SHIPYARDS, AND LOGISTICAL ASSETS NEEDED TO SUSTAIN SUCH A NAVAL FORCE.

IS THIS COUNTRY-

RUSSIA ? NO

CHINA ? NO

GREAT BRITAIN ? NO

FRANCE ? WRONG AGAIN ( What a Laugh!!!!!)

MUST BE USA ? STILL WRONG (SORT OF)

GIVE UP ?

?* THESE ARE THE AMERICAN MILITARY FORCES THAT WERE ELIMINATED DURING THE ADMINISTRATION OF BILL CLINTON & AL GORE. AND [their elimination] WAS 100% SUPPORTED BY JOHN KERRY (THESE ARE ISSUES HE DID VOTE ON)

SLEEP WELL ?

This is not a new message, but a reminder of why we now have over-deployed our National Guard and Reserve Units.

HE SAID CHECK THE RECORD ?

Sen. John Kerry, Democrat from Massachusetts says he is the strongest Presidential Candidate on National Defense! He said Check the Record..We Did!Here is what we learned:

He voted to kill the Bradley FightingVehicle

He voted to kill the M-1 Abrams Tank

He voted to kill every Aircraft carrier laid down from 1988

He voted to kill the Aegis anti-aircraft system

He voted to Kill the F-15 strike eagle Fighter Jet
    He voted to Kill the Block 60 F-16
    He voted to Kill the P-3 Orion upgrade
    He voted to Kill the B-1 Bomber
    He voted to Kill the Patriot anti-Missile system

He voted to Kill the FA-18 Fighter Jet
    He voted to Kill the B-21 Bomber
    He voted to Ki ll the F117 Fighter Jet

He voted to kill every military appropriation for the development and deployment of every weapons systems since 1988, including a bill for battle armor for our troops.

John Kerry voted to kill all anti-terrorism activities of each and*every*agency of the U.S. Government.

He voted to cut the funding of the FBI by 60%.

He voted to cut the funding for the CIA by 80%.

He voted to cut the funding for the NSA by 80%.

THEN, and this is abhorrent to almost every American Voter- be youDemocrat,Republican or Independent, he voted to increase OUR funding for U.Noperations by 800% !!

Ask yourself Is THIS the person you want as President of the United States, providing for the Common Defense of the Nation and to be the Leader ofthe Free World?

Voting history can be accessed through Senate voting records. The above is an accurate summary.
    Karen,

Since you are Republican, you should appreciate how Mr. Kerry has tried to keep government spending down and not increase your tax burden.
    ...Just ask me...

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar
    As someone who appreciates a military presense in the world, I would also suggest that those votes were also against the JOBS that would have been created to fullfill their production. And those jobs would provide tax dollars instead of the negative cashflow of unemployment benefits?

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Spexvet
    Karen,

Since you are Republican, you should appreciate how Mr. Kerry has tried to keep government spending down and not increase your tax burden.
    Oh, you are too funny!!
    Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes!:cheers:
    ...Just ask me...

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Karen, my son IS a serving Marine....and all I can say is....

Look at what THIS administration in the White House has managed to do with what's left over! Has it occured to you that perhaps we WERE a little top heavy during the Clinton years?
    "Always laugh when you can. It is a cheap medicine"
    Lord Byron

Take a photo tour of Cape Cod and the Islands!
    www.capecodphotoalbum.com

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Only if by the "top" you mean Clinton. ;)

Of course, CT is the home of Sikorsky Aircraft, Electric Boat, Pratt & Whitney the Coast Guard Academy among others. If they cut defense spending, they cut CT jobs.
    Last edited by Joann Raytar; 10-13-2004 at 08:05 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Oh, and Karen........one more thing..................

Only congress can vote to spend, or cut spending. Every defense cut mentioned above came from a REPUBLICAN controlled congress.........you remember......"the contract with America" brought to us by Newt Gingrich and friends. They are also charged with fiscal responsibility which probably accounted for the budget surplus's we enjoyed at the end of those years.I hope we remember those surplus's well because I fear it will be a very long time before we see one again.
    Last edited by hcjilson; 10-13-2004 at 09:07 PM. Reason: add words
    Lord Byron

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by hcjilson
    Only congress can vote to spend, or cut spending. Every defense cut mentioned above came from a REPUBLICAN controlled.
    Point well made Harry-My point is that I don't want the leader of the free world to think that less strength on the military front is necessarily a good thing. Especially when he thinks he knows the secret to getting people like Korea to be our friends and that He can get Chirac to do things Bush can't. I know how my baby bro feels, does your son prefer Bush or Kerry???

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Surprisingly (at least to me) my son is apolitical, or at the least, has indicated that he is. I don't know whether this stems from his Naval Academy,or Marine Corps training, or that he just doesn't want anyone to know of his political preference.I am sure he will be voting, but have absolutely no idea for whom he will vote.....and believe me, I've asked him! He just won't say.......He just gets the biggest kick out of bugging his father! :):)
    Last edited by hcjilson; 10-14-2004 at 08:35 AM. Reason: added sentence
    Lord Byron

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Point well made Harry-My point is that I don't want the leader of the free world to think that less strength on the military front is necessarily a good thing. Especially when he thinks he knows the secret to getting people like Korea to be our friends and that He can get Chirac to do things Bush can't. I know how my baby bro feels, does your son prefer Bush or Kerry???
    Karen,
    IMHO, everybody thought the military could be downsized after the collapse of the Soviet Union. Both Reps and Dems, as Harry pointed out. The e-mail is kind of misleading.

Also, International relations can come down to the personal relationship two leaders have. Maybe Kerry will get more cooperation with honey than W got with arrogance.

Spexvet
    ...Just ask me...

Thread Information