Thread: Zeiss Individual

Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

Zeiss Individual

Can anyone shead some light on this. I had a person call me today asking about the Individual, he said he had some printed material from Zeiss that offered a 100 day 100% money back guarantee on the Individual for non-adapts. I called Zeiss Canada and they told me that the non-adapt warranty is the same for all their progressive lenses and the do not offer a money back guarantee like that. Is this something that is offered in the US or is this an offering from a lab.

On a side note has the Liberty been introduced into Canada yet? This person is currently wearing FT bi and tri because he has been unable to find a PAL that he can tolerate. (emmetrope til 40 then straight into multi's)
    "It's not impossible. I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home."

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    sounds similiar to the varilux ipseo, has anyone used it yet , has it been released
    in the USA yet ?
    To find out what,s happening in the UK optical market:
    http://theOptom.com

One of the worst people here
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Well, from my understanding, the Individual is a free form process where instead of surfacing the lens you use the technology and make a lens more beneficial to the client by working with the front and back surface. Some of the lenses use things vertex distance and tilt. I know the Ipseo is a lens where they use a machine with the client where the client puts on a pair of googles and follow a light on the machine and it measures the how the eyes and head move, so they can make a lens that claims to have no distortion for that particular wearer.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thumbs up

Have just seen a collection of first pair of Individuals I have dispensed.

Rx +5.75 -6.00 x 150 +6.25 -5.50 x 180

First time wearer, she has put the things on and walked out in them! This px was very apprehensive before she collected as she has always been advised against trying varis. She actually said there is more distortion in her single vision lens. Also used height of 19mm in 48x20 oval frame, we have recevied a smashing cosmetic result from zeiss too.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    I believe the warranty may be exclusive to Zeiss partner labs and don't know if it is a US policy only. It IS 100% within 100 days and covers doctor's redos as well as non-adapts.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi

On a side note has the Liberty been introduced into Canada yet? This person is currently wearing FT bi and tri because he has been unable to find a PAL that he can tolerate. (emmetrope til 40 then straight into multi's)
    Just a suggestion:

Carry the warranty on your own. Charge 20% more and give them the full warranty.

Then you can afford to pay back every 5th persosn for non adapt, and if you are a carfeul seller you make an extra income and dont have to worry about anybody else's warranty.

After all you can get extended warranties on just about any high priced item in appliances, electronics, computers and so forth. Why not on glasses?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    The Idividual in the US comes with a 100 day 100% satisfaction guarantee from Zeiss. The accounts that we have that are dispensing it all love it and the benefits are particularlly noticable in patients that have higher prescriptions and more astigmatic correction.

The turn around time has been anywhere from a little under two weeks to about three but that has not been a problem if the patient understands that the lens is being custom designed just for them. No two designs are alike and the patients appreciate the individual attention and additional measurements.

The Individual comes only in 1.60, AR Coated clear only at this time with both a short corridor 15m/m minimum (Short I), and a 18-20m/m+ Individual.

Give it a try, great lens.

Thread Information