Thread: Dry contacts

Bad address email on file April_01's Avatar

Wave Dry contacts

I have been trying (disposable) contacts recently and have not found any that seem to be really clear. I have worn (disposable)contacts before(2 years ago) and never had any problems until now.They all seem to have a film over them. I can see the 20/20 line, but my vision isn't sharp and the only thing I can think of, is dry eyes. For the moment I am using rewetting drops which help for about five seconds. I take medicine for hypothyroidism. I will have to check my record for my k readings, but I have always worn BIO 55 and am trying proclear. My contact script is o.d. -3.50 and o.s. -4.25 and my glasses rx is -3.75-.25 @ 120 o.d. and -4.75 o.s. My glasses script is wonderful and I see nice and clear. My question is, are contacts not as clear as glasses, or do you think it is because of my dry eyes. I know you can't give me a diagnosis, but any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated. I might just have to give them up or live with it. Not quite sure yet, been trying this pair for about a week. Thanks again for any thoughts!:)

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Lenses may be too steep (bad vision before blink, momentarily good after blink).

You may me washing your hands with wrong soap (ivory bar is best) leaving oil on lenses. Could be getting oil from other source (cometic, which should be applied only after inserting contacts).
    Lenses could be too flat (will de-center).
    You could (unlikely) be reacting to a new plastic.
    You could have lenses in the wrong eye, Rx could be wrong.
    You need to see your eye care professional (unless he's the one who recommending re-wetting drops, which all last about 5 seconds).
    Very unlikely, you could have a dry eye, I know a cure but will leave this to your eye care professional.
    You could also have giant papillary conjunctivitus (GPC) which eye care professional will find by inverting the lid.

Nuf help?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    try using focus dailies for a few days,i would suggest you make the left lens a
    -4.50, keep the right as is.:cheers:
    To find out what,s happening in the UK optical market:
    http://theOptom.com

Bad address email on file

Tbt

Tear Break up time should answer the dry eye issue along with the Lacramal lake volume. Ionic or non Ionic that is the question.

Bad address email on file April_01's Avatar
    Thank you all for your help. After trying numerous diagnositics, I finally found a pair I love, it is the Acuvue 8.8 and my vision was instantly better!! Plus I can't hardly feel them in my eye! I am sooooo happy. I am not sure if it was because the base curve is different or the water/oxygen content is different. All I know is that my vision is clear all the time and it doesn't come in and out of focus. I did notice with the proclears(most recent pair I tried), if I moved the contact towards the right (in o.d) it came into focus better. Sorry for the speech! Thanks again for all the advise. I wasn't aware there were so many factors to include with contacts!! Thanks Chip!

Thread Information