View Poll Results: How often do you see each sales rep?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quarterly

14 58.33%
  • Semi-monthly

1 4.17%
  • Semi-annually

0 0%
  • Whenever I darn well please!

10 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Board is slow...Must...post...poll.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    (Sorry not to reply to my own thread)

Karen, I'm an optician wanna-be, so I like to see the reps myself. I realize that's less common, so meeting with the staff is a great idea. It gets them pumped up, too, and they need it more than I do. They also can convey info.

As to the Codger: No kidding, the Optiboard is my #1, 2 and 3 source of cutting edge info. Trade journals keep me up. Usually reps are in the mix, eventually. REALLY good reps can get to me more quickly than any other source, or anticipate the future, but I don't expect that.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Reps are an invaluable tool! I didn't vote on the poll, because, some reps I only want to see as often as 6-8 weeks, others just once or twice a year. As long as the rep is available when I need them, then terriffic! IT all works out. It is when a rep is not available (or puts you off) that problems arise.

drk - I agree, Optiboard is a great source of info and motivation! :cheers:

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    DRK

Take a hike!! If you really want to stay cutting edge, take a hike overseas. Check out MIDO in Italy, or the Expo in Hong Kong. This way, you can see the styles before they become trends, and you can be the guy in your area to be the first to recognize them. Of course, you can mistep and pick the wrong ones, but you can do that anywhere. Especially in our area of the country, the styles take a long time to filter through the rest of the country before they end up in our region. Why let the shirts in NY decide that you should sell xyz because it's such a hot seller on the West Coast ?

Speaking of styles...

Have you seen the latest Ray Ban catalog ? It's got pages of fabulous goggles inside, but a sticker on the front cover says."Goggles not available in US." Thanks, but no thanks !

Bad address email on file opticalsunshine's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Reps

I think reps visiting your location can be very helpful and informative. I have found that if you set the boundaries and rules they are an asset to your business.

I do not see anyone who has not taken the time to schedule an appointment. I always call and reschedule if there is a conflict on the day of theri appointment and I expect the reps to do the same thing.

If a rep does not show for a scheduled appointment and does not call, in advance, to let me know they are not coming I do not see them again. There are to many good frame lines and to many good reps to allow the few bad ones to have board space or to waste your time.

Thread Information