I have worn Essilor's Comfort progressives for a number of years. This year I thought I'd like to try a smaller frame and "short corridor" progressives were suggested.

I should mention that I do a lot of computer work and do not like moving my head a lot to read either on screen or paper.

My new RX read:

OD sph: -8.50 cyl: +050 axis: 43 add: +255
OS sph: -8.50 cyl: +100 axis: 163 add:+225.

The beginning of a cataract was also noticed in my left eye.

Almost all opticians I visited suggested the Nikon i with the ICE coating.

I was fitted twice with the RX I listed above using the Nikon i and ICE coating. Once in a 1.6 index the other in a 1.67. Both times vision ito my right was great - left vision had me moving my head for focus and clarity in pheripheral vision and driving me crazy at a computer screen.

The optician who fitted the 1.67 index lenses suggested that I should get my RX re-checked. (1st RX was April 27, new RX Jul 13)

I did; the RX changed for the OS and now reads:
OS sph: -8.25 cyl: +050 axis: 150 add:+225

I was fitted for the third time again with the Nikon i and again the same problem ocurred - I'm constantly moving my head to compensate for poor pheripheral left vision

I am getting a bit frustrated by all this and am wondering if there is another lens that can be tried to improve my pheripheral left vision.

One optician did suggest the Essilor Panamic, but said it was the Nikon i in "disguise".

As a consumer I am totally confused and baffled by this new technology.

Any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited.