Thread: A complaint with Cocoons

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

A complaint with Cocoons

I have had some of my younger (doesn't seem to bother old people) people complain and return cocoons due to lack of peripheral vision.

Are you listening out there Live Eyewear? You might concider either a wrap or a small window like some of your compeditiors have out on the temple.

Chip :idea:

Isolate your eyes! Live Eyewear's Avatar
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer
    Hi Chip,

Yes we're always listening... this is the first time I have heard of someone claming reductions in peripheral vision with Cocoons... are you certain it is not the Live Eyes range of OveRx glasses... as Live Eyes don't have side shields.

Cocoons have optically correct sideshields built in, allowing peripheral vision. I have never heard of someone having any peripheral problems with Cocoons, but we love to hear any feedback from different demographics, as we are constantly designing new frames and can always use the publics comments.

I just checked Cocoons activity, and year to date we are only receiving 1 return for every 420+ frames shipped.

Now, if it is a Live Eyes frame, there is substantial reductions in peripheral vision due to the oversized temples. Live Eyes are high fashion, and will never deliver the functionality of Cocoons.

In short, if someone wants sideshields, sell them Cocoons. If they want an OveRx sunglass that doesn't look like an OveRx sunglass, sell Live Eyes, but understand that the frames styling is fashion orientated, not function. The temple cut on Live Eyes allows for the eyes to detect motion on the peripheral.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information