Thread: Beam me up! USAF Teleportation Study

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Beam me up! USAF Teleportation Study

http://www.fas.org/sgp/eprint/teleport.pdf

If you would click on the URL (above), you will (hopefully) see a new window which will let you browse an 88 page research document that was just received (and paid for, of course) by the US Air Force, titled "Teleportation Physics Study". If you have even the smallest scientific bent, you may want to browse this document a little. It suggests that there are some potential methods for transporting matter or at least communicating at faster than light speed across an unlimited distance. The document raises the possibility of teleportation by quantum entanglement -- which appears to me to have some scientific credibility, although it is so far over my head that I would not even attempt to try to explain any of it. It also discusses "stargates" and "wormholes", in the context of the well known black holes that are being observed by astronomers. Finally, and least credibly (IMO) it addresses the possibilty of "psycho-kinetic" teleportation -- essentially "mind over matter". Somewhere along the way, it also delves into "string theory", "brane theory" (short for membrane theory OF COURSE!) and something the author calls "negative energy".

Previously I made some posts about the Air Force funding research into anti-matter weapons, but this teleportation study makes the anti-matter research appear MUNDANE by comparison!

Browse it. Like it. Laugh at it. Wonder why they're spending taxpayer money on it. WHATEVER. But enjoy it -- as I think a few of you OptiBoarders probably will!
    Last edited by rinselberg; 12-01-2004 at 03:51 AM.

Are you reading more posts and enjoying it less? Make RadioFreeRinsel your next Internet port of call ...

Occupation
    My husband had shown me something on this--there is some mention of whether or not the soul can be teleported along with the body. That would have been my first question......Someone needs to tell these guys The Fly is not a documentary.

Occupation
    Before anyone gets an erroneous impression about my views on this, let me say that I think it may be possible at some future time for an agency like NASA to implement deep space communications or signalling that would go faster than the speed of light and without any (theoretical) limit on distance. As far as moving tangible objects (like people) around the universe essentially at "whim" -- I am not counting on it, personally!

-----------

Wewelsburg: Castle of Evil. Take the complete photo tour at http://www.wwiirelics.com/wevelsburg.htm. See my brief photo essay Talking Heads! at http://www.optiboard.com/forums/show...&postcount=552
    Last edited by rinselberg; 12-06-2004 at 03:25 PM.

Rinsel my tinsel, you have found your calling!

Opti-Lurker
    Menlo Park, how the h*ll did that happen?
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Thanks Rinsleberg, very interesting. I haven't had a chance to read the whole thing (but I suspect that I'll plow through it sooner or later).

It remindes me of some work done in Europe (Italy and Switzerland if I remember correctly) which seemed to imply faster than light 'communication' between sub atomic particles. A paired particle system was divided and the particles physically sperated by multipul hundreds of kilometers. An energetic action was performed on particle A which, had they been in their standard 'close' proximity (read angstrom or nanometer seperation) would have caused an effect on particle B. In the case of the physically delocalized particles the same effect on B occured and, within the measurement ability of the experiment, the time frame of the change was quicker than if the stimulus had been transmitted at the speed of light. This raised a lot of discussion on FTL communication and the possibility of teleportation. I never heard if the experiment was repeated.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Missing souls? Hmmmmm....

Toto, we aren't living in a democracy anymore! I saw this on a bumper sticker while on vacation in Big Sur. I like it and I use it every chance I get!

Are you sure we all have souls? I can think of a few that I know for sure don't have souls that I would not mind practicing on.

My degree is in Biochemistry, who knew! And my niece is engaged to the grandson of the founder of Edwards Engineering. My exboyfriend was one of our countries top materials scientists. All that said, and what I have seen that is possible, I have no doubt that they could come up with some way to do this. As for the soul....do you think it possible that a soul could be represented as an electromagnetic field? A life force? OR....."Number Five, is alive!"

Such deep thoughts for a blond to ponder!

Did you miss me?
    "For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore, nameless here for evermore."

E.A.Poe

Bad address email on file
    As for the soul....do you think it possible that a soul could be represented as an electromagnetic field? A life force? OR....."Number Five, is alive!"
    I think "life force" is fair. I don't believe anything survives death, and that any future prospects of life depend entirely on outside help. But the force that keeps everything functioning is indeed amazing.

Thread Information