How much does Costco Opticians make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does Costco Opticians make?

anyone know how much does costco optician makes? i think it's a pretty good place to work considering there are less troubleshooting to deal with.

I say none of us make enough for what we have to deal with.

But, I think they pay rather well. I have heard that from a few Opticians. There was a real good thread about that a while back. I will try to dig it up for you.

It may have been this one:

We just got a Costco in the neighborhood. Check out these prices :drop: Ovation CR39: $89.99/ pair Ovation poly: $99.99/pair AR coating: $29.99 What the #$%% is going on here!? That's below my acquisition cost!
    Last edited by Fezz; 01-18-2008, 07:15 AM. Reason: Link added!

Comment

You can try to contact a fellow Optiboarder=Nettie. She has worked for them, has managed for them, and has a very good take on them. Maybe PM her for specifics!

Comment

In California you have to be ABO and NCLE to work there so I imagine that makes the pay a bit better.
        Let the refining and improving of your own life keep you so busy that you have little time to criticize others. -H. Jackson Brown Jr.

If the only tool you have is a hammer you will approach every problem as though it were a nail

Comment

Originally posted by genzcop View Post
          anyone know how much does costco optician makes? i think it's a pretty good place to work considering there are less troubleshooting to deal with.
          I've also heard they pay above avg. But what makes you think they have less trouble shooting? If you're dispensing lenses, you're gonna be doing some!

Comment

Costco pay very good salary to all emplyees. I don't know about opticians but know of a 23 year old women who makes $ 40,000 a year turning hot dogs at the food counter.

Comment

Around here, the managing optician makes about $90,000 and the staff opticians make about $65,000.
              Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device

Comment

wow...$90.000 that's far better than optometrists with 8 years of schooling.

Comment

Originally posted by LandLord View Post
                  Around here, the managing optician makes about $90,000 and the staff opticians make about $65,000.
                  WOW !!! Maybe I'll move back to Canada. :D

Comment

Originally posted by genzcop View Post
                    wow...$90.000 that's far better than optometrists with 8 years of schooling.
                    There is something wrong if an optometrist is making far less than 90K.

Comment

Don't get too excited, I think the Cannadians have some sort of laws about the opticians have to know what they are doing.:D

Comment

You don't have to know what you're doing. You just have to take a 6 month course in BC. (just kidding tmorse.)

You just have to pay your $800 a year to the College of Regulated Opticians Of Kanada. Otherwise known as the CROOK office.

Comment

Originally posted by LandLord View Post
                          You don't have to know what you're doing. You just have to take a 6 month course in BC. (just kidding tmorse.)

You just have to pay your $800 a year to the College of Regulated Opticians Of Kanada. Otherwise known as the CROOK office.
                          I could do that. :D

Comment

Originally posted by karen View Post
                            In California you have to be ABO and NCLE to work there so I imagine that makes the pay a bit better.
                            My tool of choice is a butter knife....what say you?
                            Last edited by Stormy; 01-20-2008, 05:55 PM. Reason: O.K. not everybody at one time.

Comment

My goodness - $65k/year???? I think that maybe less than 1% of managing opticians in AZ make that.

Comment

Working...
                              X