business name ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• business name ideas

I'm looking for a good optical business name. I'm trying to project quality and medical knowledge.
    It would be for a high end optical with excellent service and all digital products.

I like the name Eye Masters, but it just doesn't do it all, plus it's taken.

Any ideas?...

Keep it simple and descriptive.

I always liked a name involving Eye Care.

Comment

I'm looking for a good optical business name................................

Originally posted by gators View Post

i'm looking for a good optical business name. I'm trying to project quality and medical knowledge.
      it would be for a high end optical with excellent service and all digital products.

h eye end + service optical

Comment

Incorporate the word "fashion" to your geographic name with eyecare.

Sixth street eyecare fashions

Middle village eyecare fashions

The geographic name will help people remember your name and where you are. Fashion means more upscale.

Harry

Comment

Professional Eyes..ProfessionalEyes...

Visual Connection

Eyes Above

tag line:
          a full service eyecare and optical boutique

I like the word boutique for a high end practice because it makes people think of personalized service and unique selection

Comment

Who shops at boutiques? Women w/ idle time and lots of money? I guess if that's your target market, then go for it. If I were a guy, or a gal w/kids, a boutique is the last place I'd take them shopping for glasses.

How many guys are going to shop at a boutique?
            Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

You could use the French word for Optical shop as I did, Optique. Makes a good optical ~boutique combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Darby View Post
                Who shops at boutiques? Women w/ idle time and lots of money? I guess if that's your target market, then go for it. If I were a guy, or a gal w/kids, a boutique is the last place I'd take them shopping for glasses.

Wow! Why don't we just completely generalize! I really get tired of having my attempts to be helpful attacked or otherwise belittled.

My point was finding a word or phrase that speaks high end product and service.

And may I remind you that women are upwards of 70% of patients...at least in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by libellule View Post
                  Wow! Why don't we just completely generalize! I really get tired of having my attempts to be helpful attacked or otherwise belittled.

My point was finding a word or phrase that speaks high end product and service.

And may I remind you that women are upwards of 70% of patients...at least in my experience.
                  Easy there...easy.... Just because an opinion does not agree w/yours, do not consider it belittling. My point is that many businesses are named based on the tastes/habits of the owner, and the overlook their market. From your "I'm tired" statement, I assume this happens often to you here. If so, I'm sorry. (I haven't posted very much here, and see that I'm probably not "sensitive enough" to be a frequent poster. I'd hurt too many feelings. I'm sorry if I hurt yours. (Next time, I'll phrase it so it appears to agree w/yours more.)

Generalize? No, I wouldn't do that unless you're trying to attract the "general" public. In that case, generalizations might come in handy.

As I said, if you are going for the female client (your 70%) then by all means, go the boutique route. How about "LaFemme Professional Optical Fashion Boutique"
                  Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Comment

Originally posted by chip anderson View Post
                    You could use the French word for Optical shop as I did, Optique. Makes a good optical ~boutique combo.
                    Thanks

Comment

Caution

Gators:

You're welcome. One small bit of caution. Unless you intend to advertise a bit (I didn't and I don't), if the general population where you are is as astute as it is here, they won't be able to know what the place is or how to spell it.
                      If you have smarter people there you'll be fine.

Chip

Comment

PersonalEyes Optical - Eyewear for You.

Comment

Comment

Naming a practice is an interesting subject, and allow me to put things into the perspective of a practice consultant;

First off, making a patient remember you (once they have already come in) has nothing to do with how cute or 'catchy' the practice name is, but rather how you 'wow' them with your customer service. Because of this, there's no need for the name of a practice to be cute or catchy.

But here's the real scoop on getting the patient in the practice to begin with;

These are the people who typically make the healthcare decision for the whole family.

OK...If I was a woman who just moved to the area and I am in need for eye care for myself and/or my family, I will either do an internet search or look in the Yellow Pages (pretty rare now-a-days), and chances are I will come up with between 3-5 practices within my trading-zone.

Here are the names of the different practices I might have to choose from;

-Johnson Optometric

-Anderson Eyewear

-Tulsa Eye Clinic

-Advanced Eyecare (or Advanced Family Eyecare)

-Complete Family Eyecare

OK...'Johnson' and 'Anderson' only tells me the doctor's name, and even if the name has a lot of history in the community (Grandfather was the Mayor, etc.), I won't know that because I just moved to the area. Chances are I'm not going to be persuaded by the doctor's name.

'Tulsa Eye Clinic' simply tells me where you are located, but I have nothing else to go by to help me make my decision of who to go to.

BUT...who wouldn't want to go to a practice that is 'advanced'? This tells me that you have the newest in technology, and that chances are my new eyewear (and/or contact lenses) are going to be more accurate than the competition.

'Family' tells me that you have something for everyone...My Grandparents, myself, my spouse, and my children, and that there will be no second-guessing in my decision.

'Complete' tells me that you do it all under one roof.

Once you make a list of 4-5 possibilities, show the list to your female friends (your target-market) and have them vote on them. The answer should become apparent right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Darby View Post

I own and shop in a boutique. Although my store name does not have the word in it. the concern with the word 'boutique' is that it comes off as expensive which is not always the case. If I were an OD I would go for your last name followed by 'Eyecare' this way everyone knows what you are and what you do.
                              • [*=left]Optician
                                [*=left]Frame Maker/Designer
                                [*=left]Teacher of the art of crafting handmade eyewear.

Comment

Working...
                              X