View RSS Feed

Jubilee

1. Being sick sucks..and so does being unemployed.

Its been a while since my last posting, and a lot has changed, yet stayed the same.

Jan 3rd, I ended up in the ER due to the inability to breathe. Once again, they were concerned about a clot, and wanted to verify one wasn't there. While they did not find a clot, they did detect some "shadowing" on the x-ray. They did a ct, and some additional blood work.. ruled out that I wasn't in any immediate danger, and sent me on my way. Due to the severity of the symptoms, and the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Here's to a better year..

Well earlier this month I went to Hopkins to have them investigate what's happening. I was very impressed with the facilities, and the care. They sat and chatted with me. Took their time, really listened.. basically acted like I was the only patient they needed to care for. Heck the pulmonologist gave me her cell number, email, along with all the other contact info and told the cleaning lady to come back later as she took her time going over all the information/history etc we had.

Basic ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hanging on..

Some days it seems like I am hanging on by a thread. Others aren't so bad. After everything went downhill in Oct, I did call Hopkins to set up a consultation. It was a long process because you have to forward all your records, they sort through them over a period of a couple of weeks, and determine who they want you to see, then they have to coordinate appointments.. So by the time everything gets worked through, it will be December 9th before I see them. 3 months after the lupron shot.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Not going well

So this experiment with Lupron started out promising. I was told the worse part of it would be the first 3 weeks or so as it was shutting my hormones down, and having that last "cleansing" cycle.

The first 3-4 weeks were cake. I was beginning to believe that I was going to get through this just fine.. and perhaps I was one of the few not to experience too many issues..

However the constantly being cold continued.. the severe fatigue has persisted... I ended up ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Lupron Debate

First let me say thank you for your support and well wishes. They mean a lot to me. Particularly as I see what the next few months will bring.

I mentioned in my last post that Lupron maybe the best decision I have made, or one of the worst mistakes of my life. Why did I say that?

Well first, Lupron is a GnRH antagonist. It was approved by the FDA in 1985 for use in men with advanced prostate cancer as a means to chemically castrate them to avoid surgery due to costs or ...

Updated 10-04-2010 at 06:26 AM by Jubilee

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Identity Optical, Younger Optics, Carl Zeiss Vision, Vision Systems, Inc. and Chemistrie Eyewear