View RSS Feed

Fezz

1. Beer 101

Beer Making/Homebrewing-

I will explain the basic beer making process. I will write from the homebrewer perspective.

To be continued.....
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Beer 101

Beer Styles Continued-

Lagers-

Pilsner-
    These Golden lagers are traditionally light but still pack great flavor. There is some bitterness from the hops but they're still very refreshing. Ex-Victory Prima Pils, Brooklyn Pilsner, Lagunitas Pils, New Belgium Blue Paddle, Stoudts Pils.

Amber Light-
    Light lagers still have a lot of flavor, but have fewer calories and tend to be lower in alcohol. Ex-Sam Adams Light.

Amber Lager-
    Amber ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Beer 101

Beer Styles-

I will try to briefly describe some of the most common beer styles and give examples of beers in the style. The information is taken from : Craft Beer Style Guide-Sam Adams
    The information is very basic. I was afraid of getting too technical. I can give more detail on any style if you wish.
    Ales-

Amber Ale-
    Sweet caramel notes and piney aromas blend together to create a smooth hearty beer. Ex.-Sam Adams Boston Ale, Alaskan Amber, Mac & ...

Updated 11-18-2007 at 10:43 AM by Fezz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Beer 101

Ingredients cont'd-

Hops-

Hops are a prolific, long-lived, climbing perennial herb whose flowers grow into cone-shaped structures. These cones are composed of bracts and bracteoles-leaflike structures attached to a central axis or stem. These leaves carry the lupulin glands that provide araoma, flavor, and astringent bitterness that balances the sweetness of the malt. The bitterness of hops is primarily from the alpha acids contained in the resins of the lupulin gland located ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Beer 101

Ingredients-

Beer is made up of four ingredients. The four ingredients are; malt, hops, water, and yeast. The Bavarian Beer Purity Law of 1516, "Reinheitsgebot", decreed that only barley, hops, and water may be used in the production of beer. It was not until 1841, when Mitcherlich discovered the role of yeast in fermentation, that yeast was included in the four main ingredients. Other ingredients that can be used in the production of beer are; wheat, rye, corn, rice, cane-beet-corn ...

Updated 11-20-2007 at 09:58 PM by Fezz

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
FEA Industries, Identity Optical, Younger Optics, Carl Zeiss Vision, Vision Systems, Inc. and Chemistrie Eyewear